Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, Aguero's not the best at pressing and yet he still has by far and away the best goals/minute in the league. I'm sure Messi being a world class goalscorer, dribble, and creator, complete with understanding of a Pep system, could probably do alright.

Aguero works very hard compared to Messi. On average, Sergio covers 10km per game to Messi's 7km. I remember a CL game which Barca lost against Atletico in which Messi ran about 6,5 km which was not much better than the keeper.

With Messi our high pressing game would get seriously worse, strong teams would play through it without much problems.

As NK said above, if Messi comes here for purely footballing reasons, just like another top player and not the absolute centre of the footballing universe, then Pep could find him a role. I doubt this can happen though. Several years ago, yes, now I'd rather watch Foden and Torres grow in top players.

Messi played 32 games in La Liga this season.

25 goals and 22 assists.

Metal stats for a 33 year old, playing in a team in decline and a player who now plays much deeper than in his prime.
he is the main score r,pass it to messi,you would expect him to have high numbers,i doubt he would get those numbers here

1,000,000 (£904,700) euros p/w. There is no way we are going to pay that. Especially for a 33 year and regardless of his current stats and standing in the game.

Last edited:
1,000,000 (£904,700) euros p/w. There is no way we are going to pay that. Especially for a 33 year and regardless of his current stats and standing in the game.
When there were all these stories about Rooney being on over £300k a week, what very few realised was that around half that came from commercial deals that United did which he got a cut of. The other half was his actual wages from the club.

When there was first talk of us getting Messi back in 2013, I believe his actual basic wage was something like €250k a week. So it's not unrealistic to assume it's now maybe €400k a week. We'd cover that in additional sponsorship probably twice over, which would pretty well cover the rest of his earnings.

When there were all these stories about Rooney being on over £300k a week, what very few realised was that around half that came from commercial deals that United did which he got a cut of. The other half was his actual wages from the club.

When there was first talk of us getting Messi back in 2013, I believe his actual basic wage was something like €250k a week. So it's not unrealistic to assume it's now maybe €400k a week. We'd cover that in additional sponsorship probably twice over, which would pretty well cover the rest of his earnings.

The thing is what would be his basic wage if you take away all his commercial earnings? Even though half that figure would be more palatable but it still would be pushing it given our current wage bill and structure. And getting him to accept that deal would still be a challenge.

Last edited:
I suppose it makes you feel privileged as a City fan that there's even a discussion to be had about whether arguably the greatest of all time is good enough to play for us now that he's past his best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.