Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure the club would look at it that way but you may be right mate. We all have our own opinions, I'm just a little bit shocked at people's opinions on the greatest player to ever lace up some boots.
It’s not because people don’t rate Messi. How could you not? It’s more that you might (possibly) turn the world upside down for a 25-year old superstar who’s strong as an ox. But for a 33-year old who’s taken a lot of knocks on the pitch, and for whom the risk and consequences of injury are several times higher?

I think Messi is the best player ever.
But do I think we should sign him.
No chance.
Hes on his way down.

I think the dressing room would welcome the chance to play with the greatest player to ever live. Also I don't think KDB is someone who demands a move for a few extra quid.

I also think overall the press would be grateful that someone was able to bring Messi to the PL (not that we should care either way)

The club would benefit massively in terms of £££ from having Messi

Personally I'd pay him whatever budget we had available. It'll be worth it to know the best ever was a City player. In fact it'd be worth it just to bring back "Feed the GOAT"

Of course this is all a waste of bandwidth...
I agree with all of your last line

Yes. Especially at the start of Pep's reign. But even then it would of been risky and would of been counter productive.
Aah. I know what you’re on about now. It teaches me for taking posts in isolation and not reading the pages before. I initially thought you were talking ability. As you were. ;)

Merchandise, TV money, influence, social media. Its why utd stick with Pogba, he's a money making machine.
Sorry mate, but I believe you’ve been taken onboard by media propaganda, although I do stand to be corrected by someone far more knowledgeable about football finance than me.

If you go though it step by step, it makes no sense.

Transfer cost....no chance less than £100 million (isn’t his buyout circa £250mill?) spread over a 3 year contract (would never be any longer offered at his age). So that’s £33 million per annum straight off the bat.

I am aware he can apparently leave for ‘free’ at the end of every season, but this is a moot point as his signing on fee, if this were the case, would no doubt be around the same amount, or wage increase by this amount over the term of his contract.

Considering Raiola picked up £41 million for Pogba, how much would his agent want? For argument’s sake, say it was the same, another £13 million per annum

Messi is reported to be on at least £500k a week base & I’m not even sure if that’s met or gross, so wages would cost at least £24 million per annum & that’s without an increase or any bonus.
Win bonus/game? Goal bonus? Trophy bonus? Who knows how much they would be?

So that’s an extra £70 million extra per annum cost being conservative. Do you really believe Messi would generate directly?

Doing the maths, I’m not sure how anyone can conclude that?

Would our tv revenue increase due to Messi? No

Would our prize money increase due to Messi?
No

Would our £65mill per annum for 10 year shirt deal with Puma increase? No

Even if we do get a percentage of sold shirts as a poster alluded to earlier in the thread of 15%, which I’m not sure is correct. If we do get a percentage, I’d suggest it’s more likely a percentage of shirts sold over a specific amount of units. So if Messi (one player alone so unlikely) doubled our shirt sales from circa 1 million to 2 million per annum & we get 15%, I’d guess that’s £9.75mill. Do you genuinely believe one player would double our shirt sales (unlikely to me)

Not sure how you think social media would create extra revenue directly?

So we still need to generate an extra £61,250,000 from commercial business which would be directly attributed to Messi

City’s commercial revenue last year was £261 million, so are you really expecting one player to increase commercial revenue by an extra £61 million per annum, which is a whopping 23% increase?

Not having it mate. In my humble opinion, it’s purely a myth peddled by the media who love organic growth, money earned blah blah blah bullshit to blow sunshine up their team’s arses & to justify the huge transfers by chosen few who are ‘allowed’ to spend big.

Oh & if you really believe United keep Pogba for the reason you mentioned........well, maybe have a think about all of the above & you might come to a completely different conclusion ;)

To summarise, I strongly believe the media chat shit & can’t be trusted, so please stop perpetuating their bullshit. Or as 2 of our more esteemed posters may put it, the media are wankstains &/or cunts ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.