Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Less than 48 hrs post debacle and the dust is still settling but early indications suggest Bartomeu intends to finish his mandate even if he moves elections up. Much like Pep, Xavi, Puyol et al did at one point they opted to leave the club on their own terms as players when a plateau had been reached

It is why I think it may indeed result in Messi seeking an exit for next summer - meaning an agreement could be in place by January with City the logical destination
Do you think he will do another season?

I think you may underestimate social media and influence advertising these days. I'm not saying I agree with the way these deals get funded but they do. Pogba actually makes utd money and that's why they are offering him a new contract even though he's been a liability on the pitch.
I’ve explained how & why I think it’s nonsense that Messi would pay for himself.
Can you please explain to me how Messi would pay for himself?
For example, if you think it’s thro social media....how are these extra revenue streams accrued?
How will signing Messi increase any other revenue stream that makes him a cost neutral play?

I said in my first reply, I stand to be correct as I’m more than happy to be wrong & learn something new, but so far, you just keep regurgitating the same thing without any facts or figures to back what you’re saying.

Gimme something to help me understand how signing Messi wouldn’t cost City a penny

I’ve explained how & why I think it’s nonsense that Messi would pay for himself.
Can you please explain to me how Messi would pay for himself?
For example, if you think it’s thro social media....how are these extra revenue streams accrued?
How will signing Messi increase any other revenue stream that makes him a cost neutral play?

I said in my first reply, I stand to be correct as I’m more than happy to be wrong & learn something new, but so far, you just keep regurgitating the same thing without any facts or figures to back what you’re saying.

Gimme something to help me understand how signing Messi wouldn’t cost City a penny
Pogba's instagram account alone is worth millions per month to utd. I can't give you exact figures like you could but I would trust that the club are more than caple of doing the same deals that juventus have with Ronaldo or United have with Pogba. Social media accounts bring in serious money pal. Social media accounts create money though follower numbers and advertising. Messi has millions of followers on different formats.

Pogba's instagram account alone is worth millions per month to utd. I can't give you exact figures like you could but I would trust that the club are more than caple of doing the same deals that juventus have with Ronaldo or United have with Pogba. Social media accounts bring in serious money pal. Social media accounts create money though follower numbers and advertising. Messi has millions of followers on different formats.
Thanks for trying to explain mate, but I think we’ll have to agree to disagree.
Whilst I agree Messi & Pogba make a fortune through social media for themselves, which will have an impact on how many followers United & Barca have, which in turn will make them more appealing to sponsors, I definitely don’t see either player directly generating enough money for their respective clubs to pay for themselves. I genuinely think this is made up media bullshit.
Their agents will have an extremely good awareness of the players worth to the club, so will demand wages relevant to this.

Without somebody showing me figures, I just can’t believe that we could sign Messi effectively for £0 over the course of a 3 year contract.

Just had a look pal. Pogba has 39m followers on Instagram compared to Messi 155m. I think we could cover his wages quite easily if we struck the right deal with him. His sponsored posts are worth £650'000 each compared to pogba's £157'000.
I get that mate, but that’s them personally, nothing to do with United it Barca as far as I can see.
But thanks again for trying to show me your thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.