Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for trying to explain mate, but I think we’ll have to agree to disagree.
Whilst I agree Messi & Pogba make a fortune through social media for themselves, which will have an impact on how many followers United & Barca have, which in turn will make them more appealing to sponsors, I definitely don’t see either player directly generating enough money for their respective clubs to pay for themselves. I genuinely think this is made up media bullshit.
Their agents will have an extremely good awareness of the players worth to the club, so will demand wages relevant to this.

Without somebody showing me figures, I just can’t believe that we could sign Messi effectively for £0 over the course of a 3 year contract.
I know mate, the numbers are mind blowing but true.
Utd, Juventus, PSG all own or part own the players social media accounts. Juve and PSG make millions out of Neymar, Mbappe and Ronaldo as are Barcelona with Messi now. With the way Sterling is going we're going to be paying him £500'000 a week sooner or later. The shirt sales are not even relevant anymore its the advertising and followers that the world superstars bring with them.

Just had a look pal. Pogba has 39m followers on Instagram compared to Messi 155m. I think we could cover his wages quite easily if we struck the right deal with him. His sponsored posts are worth £650'000 each compared to pogba's £157'000.
We gonna get him selling Juice Plus or teeth whitening?

Less than 48 hrs post debacle and the dust is still settling but early indications suggest Bartomeu intends to finish his mandate even if he moves elections up. Much like Pep, Xavi, Puyol et al did at one point they opted to leave the club on their own terms as players when a plateau had been reached

It is why I think it may indeed result in Messi seeking an exit for next summer - meaning an agreement could be in place by January with City the logical destination
He will be 34 by then, complete waste of time getting him then, 4 years ago I would’ve said yes but not now.

Is he likely to have a big influence during matches? Yes.
Is he likely to have a big influence on team spirit and confidence within the whole club? Yes.
Is he likely to have a big influence on the training pitch? Yes.

If the club can strike a deal financially and it doesn't rock any boats including FFP, then go for it I say. We sure need a boost after last night.

Whilst it would be a dream to see Messi at City, I really think we should be putting our time, effort and money into finding the next world superstars. It doesn’t make sense to get Messi now, unless it’s a short term deal on reasonable wages.

Whilst it would be a dream to see Messi at City, I really think we should be putting our time, effort and money into finding the next world superstars. It doesn’t make sense to get Messi now, unless it’s a short term deal on reasonable wages.
I suppose one could argue that having Messi here would be a gigantic step towards attracting those next world superstars ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.