Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mahrez isn't wank, but he is the kind of player I could see being pushed out for Messi.

We all know he's good, but Pep doesn't trust him in big games. Picks Phil or Bernardo ahead of him a lot, and I wonder if not trusting Mahrez was the reason he started with Walker instead of Riyad which he did in previous games with the 352.

The fact he can only play RW, and slows us down and narrows the pitch because he's so left footed doesn't help. He lives in Messi's space on the pitch as well.

Also I reckon he's got decent resale value and a certain midlands club who are about to get £60m for Ben Chilwell desperately need a winger.

He's one of our top earners as well.

We might not be looking to let him go, but I have a feeling if someone came in for him, he'd be off.

He isn’t wank, I think that about many players that I don’t like. I just have never warmed to him and don’t think he’s the right fit for us at all. Think I speak for a lot of City fans too. I was half excited, half cautious when we signed him and my opinion hasn’t changed after watching him for two years. His goals and assists don’t make up for his other weak attributes.

Wheras somebody like yourself who believes they are a lot smarter than they actually are miss what's right in front of their eyes. He's still the best, last weeks result doesn't change that, it's quite embarrassing to see claims of his demise based on one game when our very own Kev has performed far worse in a couple of games this season.
Tbf to @Marvin he had all the same arguments thrown at him during the Sanchez saga and he proved a lot of people wrong on that one. Messi will always be the best for me but I think it's just as important for us to take a step back and ask will he/can he do what we need him to do? Will it effect our squad harmony regarding money, treatment etc. From what you read he is a man who has a lot of power at Barca will he accept just being one of the team who has to be rotated the same as everyone else? I think he is the best player ever but Marvin is right this isn't prime Messi and it will be a huge risk for us to assume that an older player who isn't known for his pace to fit in our league at what I assume would be a huge cost. It is worth reading the Barca fans forum I was surprised that they feel it might be for the best if he goes with many feeling it should have happened a couple of years earlier for the good of both him and the club. With many discounting City, Bayern and Liverpool because they don't feel he would be able to play our way and why would we need him.

It may work out and a new club, team etc and everyones a winner but I think Marvin is right to question the idea of signing him. I do too.

After saying all that I don't think he'll leave Barca anyway!! :)

He isn’t wank, I think that about many players that I don’t like. I just have never warmed to him and don’t think he’s the right fit for us at all. Think I speak for a lot of City fans too. I was half excited, half cautious when we signed him and my opinion hasn’t changed after watching him for two years. His goals and assists don’t make up for his other weak attributes.

Like you Pointed out, he just isn’t a fit. No slight on him. Good player but he wasn’t necessarily needed. I’d have had Bernardo carry on there which would/may have allowed Foden to play in the middle. May have also allowed them interchange positions.

Back to Messi...one of the best to do it but if City are all about the ‘team’ like system, then it’s best to find the next world class potential to train them up.

Rumours in Catalonia indicate Messi is coming to us with Bernardo Silva going their in exchange.
Gutted if true.

He might be getting fucked off at Barca the club who knows, but probably still loves the city so that might well be keeping him there. Think it would take some major persuasion to him uprooting to Manchester, not that there's anything wrong with the wonderful city far from it. But you get my gist.

Rumours in Catalonia indicate Messi is coming to us with Bernardo Silva going their in exchange.
Gutted if true.
Hope that’s not true
In the long run that would not be a good deal for us
Gazzetta in Italy reporting Messi’s dad has bought a flat in Milan with a view of the San Siro

Hope that’s not true
In the long run that would not be a good deal for us
Gazzetta in Italy reporting Messi has bought a flat in Milan and heading off to Inter...
Here’s a fact fact fans, Manchester has 36.6 inches of rain on average annually Milan has 39.9 inches, so Lionel lad fuck that Milan flat off it’s always laggin’ down and head for sunny Cottonopolis, you know it makes sense cocker!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.