Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No chance of that IMHO. They will take the nuclear option regardless but they will simply demand a sizeable fee (Well below his buyout), a fee they can get & need

That will be the final legacy of Bartomeu's disastrous tenure, you couldn't inflict more damage to the club if you were doing it intentionally

The growing sentiment I have had is that Messi has grown tired of the lies & political games by corporate clowns, He wants to enjoy the football that remains but had hoped it would be at Barca. I expect a bid from City shortly

Auspicious start to Koeman's tenure
messi didnt like ibra, didnt like coutinho, didnt liek griezmann, dembele, still has issues with dejong, in argentina he got tevez and icardi amongst others of the team, he is at least as despicable as a person as bartomeu can be. They are the same. He s selfish, and openly lies in interviews, in court about his tax escape. Despicable person, yet the best footballer back then.

Yeah I am sorry but I don't believe Barca is going to keep Messi there against his will. He is more powerful than the club.

This isn't to say he's definitely leaving - I just think they're going to HAVE to persuade him to stay.

No chance of that IMHO. They will take the nuclear option regardless but they will simply demand a sizeable fee (Well below his buyout), a fee they can get & need

That will be the final legacy of Bartomeu's disastrous tenure, you couldn't inflict more damage to the club if you were doing it intentionally

The growing sentiment I have had is that Messi has grown tired of the lies & political games by corporate clowns, He wants to enjoy the football that remains but had hoped it would be at Barca. I expect a bid from City shortly

Auspicious start to Koeman's tenure

Obviously I have hope but I really believe it is just about influencing the election amd getting rid of Bartomeu.

Obviously I have hope but I really believe it is just about influencing the election amd getting rid of Bartomeu.

There's that angle too of course but I do not see this as a snap decision, it has been building while his frustrations with Bartomeu have only gotten more public. 4 coaches, 5 sporting directors and progressively worse & worse sporting decisions/transfers. He loves the club but also a bit naive to think he should have to stick it out in his twilight years

He deserves better & has earned it, under Pep again

And i said they were muppets at the time.

From an investment perspective I think you're missing a trick. He joined Juventus in July 2018. Their share price tripled and still remains double the value it was before. If City sign Messi the value of the club will rocket in the same way.

The Silverlake deal valued City overall at about $4.8bn. They spent $480m on a 10% stake. Sign Messi and next time they sell a 10% stake the price is $1 billion.

I might be misreading but as far as I can see the only thing stopping City from bidding a massive amount is FFP. Forget trophies, it'd be about money.

Attachments

• 20200820_194642.jpg
    20200820_194642.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 28
From an investment perspective I think you're missing a trick. He joined Juventus in July 2018. Their share price tripled and still remains double the value it was before. If City sign Messi the value of the club will rocket in the same way.

The Silverlake deal valued City overall at about $4.8bn. They spent $480m on a 10% stake. Sign Messi and next time they sell a 10% stake the price is $1 billion.

I might be misreading but as far as I can see the only thing stopping City from bidding a massive amount is FFP. Forget trophies, it'd be about money.
but cant both salary ( +-100m per year) and transfer fee +-200m euros be a problem for such a short investment in time? Imagine he gets injured badly after only 5 month, wich in pl is possible lol, he wont be overprotected as in liga.

but doesnt both salary ( +-100m per year) and transfer fee +-200m euros can be a problem for such a short investment in time? Imagine he gets injured badly after only 5 month, wich in pl is possible lol, he wont be overprotected as in liga.

That's a good point. I think you'd have insurance for a career ending injury and there'd be a medical for the other stuff. Definitely some risk.

Personally I think it's all academic as he'll never move.

Not aware that it’s ever been done but it’s been mooted before (Tevez) - can’t he buy his own contract out if push came to shove? So City could in theory take the transfer fee if Barça don’t accept it and give it him to buy himself out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.