Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a good point. I think you'd have insurance for a career ending injury and there'd be a medical for the other stuff. Definitely some risk.

Personally I think it's all academic as he'll never move.
he wants to win liga and c1 before retirement, maybe barca isnt the place he can achieve that. They d need a full team transfer and work with a new coach, all this takes time.

Not aware that it’s ever been done but it’s been mooted before (Tevez) - can’t he buy his own contract out if push came to shove? So City could in theory take the transfer fee if Barça don’t accept it and give it him to buy himself out?
oh u mean as psg did with neymar, we paid him the money to buy his own contract to be free. That is possible yes, tebas gonna go nuts lol if this happens, i wanna see that ahhaah

Fuck paying 100m for him at his age. Any club, really.

100m for the best player in the world for 3 years - 33m a year give or take

In the world where Maguire is 80m and Sane with 1 left on his contract is 45m (at least) and various others that anyone can quote, Messi is easily worth 100m and probably more

In the world where Maguire is 80m and Sane with 1 left on his contract is 45m (at least) and various others that anyone can quote, Messi is easily worth 100m and probably more

His ability isn't in question (although there will be a point where he will start his decline) but its the whole circus that surrounds Messi which I just find really off putting.

100m now or walks on a free anyway nxt year anyway...they would be crazy not to take the money and run esp as they need it
Fuck paying 100m for him at his age. Any club, really.

This would be the year to spend the money, because 2020 and 2021 are both merged for FFP reasons, we could sort out all out problem positions as we were planning to, and then add Messi with most of next summers transfer budget.

Personally I think there could be litigation over the clause he has in his contract that lets him walk away for free. There's supposed to be a deadline but COVID has messed with the FIFA calendar.

Also the Webster ruling would be the nuclear option. If he ponies up his remaining salary of €71m, Messi can unilaterally end his contract. To be recompensed by his new club of course.

His ability isn't in question (although there will be a point where he will start his decline) but its the whole circus that surrounds Messi which I just find really off putting.

There really isn't much circus for us.

70% of the noise around Messi is if he's going to finally pack it in because Bartomeu, the worst president in Barcelona's history, is running the club into the ground, and there's elections, and politics and all that bollocks.

Pep used to have a similar amount of noise and most of it went away.

There really isn't much circus for us.

70% of the noise around Messi is if he's going to finally pack it in because Bartomeu, the worst president in Barcelona's history, is running the club into the ground, and there's elections, and politics and all that bollocks.

Pep used to have a similar amount of noise and most of it went away.

I don't think it would completely go away if he did sign. Its was bad enough with current situation with the media. Although great for pissing boiling it would still do us more harm than good.

Last edited:
This would be the year to spend the money, because 2020 and 2021 are both merged for FFP reasons, we could sort out all out problem positions as we were planning to, and then add Messi with most of next summers transfer budget.

Personally I think there could be litigation over the clause he has in his contract that lets him walk away for free. There's supposed to be a deadline but COVID has messed with the FIFA calendar.

Also the Webster ruling would be the nuclear option. If he ponies up his remaining salary of €71m, Messi can unilaterally end his contract. To be recompensed by his new club of course.

I would sign him solely for marketing if required, but he will give us at least 2 years, the money can be recouped from partner sponsors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.