Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the Premier League has that much appeal apart from the large amount of cash that is knocking about. (although thats going to change with the whole covid-19 situation). That isn't Messi's full motivation.

In the circumstances I could see Messi leave. A rebuild at Barca is going to take 2/3 seasons minimum which Messi hasn’t got. Realistically, there’s probably only 3 clubs who would genuinely feel they could sign him: ourselves, PSG and the Rags. He’s not going to the Rags because why would he...so it’s between us and PSG. I would put them as favourites as Neymar is now likely to stay. Hope I’m wrong. Messi in a City strip - I think I would spontaneously combust :)

I don't think the Premier League has that much appeal apart from the large amount of cash that is knocking about. (although thats going to change with the whole covid-19 situation). That isn't Messi's full motivation.

It's a much tougher test imo, week in week out, than the other leagues & people who want to really test themselves come here.

People who don't, play in Spain & Italy, where you can cruise half a season & still win, if you play for the few winning teams then be fit as a fiddle to show off in the Champions League.

This is definitely not the place to be, if you want to look brillliant every week, without having your pants pulled down.

It's a much tougher test imo, week in week out, than the other leagues & people who want to really test themselves come here.

People who don't, play in Spain & Italy, where you can cruise half a season & still win, if you play for the rew winning teams then be fit as a fiddle to show off in the Champions League.

This is definitely not the place to be, if you want to look brillliant every week, without having your pants pulled down.

I don't disagree with your post but La Liga can be just as brutal. Attletico Madrid being prime example knocking out the current Premier League Champions and Messi has been kicked to shit, week in ansd week out whilst playing in that league.

...and ptetends he's leaving, every few years, to help the club by intimidating said beaurocrats into paying him ludicrous wages, so they put the club into more & more debt...

Not sure about that one tbh.

I think this proves that there are a lot of assumptions about him - whatever his motivations are especially but you dont stay that long at a club when you literally could play for ANY team in the world (some of whom could pay you just as much and more) if you dont love the club - messi has been there since he was a kid (13/14 I think?)

I don't disagree with your post but La Liga can be just as brutal.

Imo, La Liga is a football competition, where there are tactical tweaks but teams will play football against you, the Premier League is a dark alley, full of people with guns & knives who have spent the past six months working out how best to kill you & whose supporters will put up with watching utter non footballl shite, week in week out, if they get results with it.

Reasonable, to be fair. It’s literally CL+PL , +fa and or milk cup or bust. Not sure Messi has the sack for that or Pep for that matter.

I don think he would play every game nor may he want to - he may be releived to come away from club where so much emphasis is placed on him.....we are arguably (messi aside) a better team than Barca and he certainly wouldnt play every game (Esp not lower FA cup and League cup games) nd would be rotated around and used as a sub occasionally I would think

As people have alluded to one of the concerns is his age/fitness and this getting worse as he gets older - well he could come to a club where he can have less pressure on him at least on the pitch with the likes of Sterling, KDB, Jesus Torrrs etc doing some of his leg work for him

I think this proves that there are a lot of assumptions about him - whatever his motivations are especially but you dont stay that long at a club when you literally could play for ANY team in the world (some of whom could pay you just as much and more) if you dont love the club - messi has been there since he was a kid (13/14 I think?)

So he's paid his debt to the club & free to leave.

But he prefers to play in an ever worsening team, for ever increasing wages out of love & charity ?

Or because of his comfort & status there ?

So he's paid his debt to the club & free to leave.

But he prefers to play in an ever worsening team, for ever increasing wages out of love & charity ?

Or because of his comfort & status there ?

Maybe all but he has earnt it surely. He has earnt the right to have a say as well (if that is indeed what he is doing which some people are presuming is gospel truth)

What are your real concerns about this IF it were to happen?

Messi wouldnt have that player power here - the club is run by bigger people than him -Khaldoon for starters. He wouldnt have the power as depsite being the best player ever in the world he hasnt got the experience of the league nor the club to wield that power. He is the new boy. He wouldnt even be captain (Im presuming that will go to KDB this year)
A different surrounding might just be what he needs so he can get back to just playing football and not worrying about the politics of the club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.