Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly don’t think Messi cares all that much about his wages. He’s set for life. Just getting the opportunity to play with best-mate Agüero, for Pep and the management team he seem to appreciate is a great solution for his final years as a footballer. I could see Messi matching Agüeros wages.

And given everything Messi has done for Barcelona, if they forced him to stay, they’d be the most hated club in the world. I think they could let him leave, but who knows, their management is a joke.

That is the only way I can see it working. I mean he is 33 after all, 2/3 years with Aguero before they retire together at the best club in the world would be incredible.

Messi went to Anfield more than 12 months ago and it ended sadly but City fans want to dream.

Fair enough Marvin. I understand the logic behind somebody questioning the move. In the past I've been indifferent, probably even being opposed to it. If we win the treble we'll still be scoffed at and Pep's bald fraud moniker will still be in tact. Every dropped point will be justice for football. The rag media will be in overdrive, the refs will still be gash, and VAR will undeniably be worse for us.

I used to be of the mindset of I'd rather win titles without Messi...now though they can all get fucked and I'll enjoy every last minute of their vitriol. When I was a kid in the late 80's and early 90's I used to root for the bad guys. My mom still laughs at the fact that I cried when Freddy Kruger died. Ironically enough I chose City because I hated the rags who we're clear villains to me. Hated everything about them and the US media's absolute wank fest on the rare occasion football was covered.

I find it very fitting that my club is the biggest bad guy of them all!

I hope we snag Aouar to top it off. After that I hope we spend another 200 million on a LB + Striker + other squad players next summer!

Fuck em all. If they say we've ruined football well then lets really show them what that means!

The other story comes from Yahoo’s Jorge Nicola, and perhaps that’s even more shocking. He says Lionel Messi invited Neymar to join him at Manchester City.

It’s a person close to the Brazilian star who told the journalist that this invite was made even before Lionel Messi told Barcelona he’d leave the club.

“Messi asked Neymar to go to Manchester City,” the source told Jorge Nicola. “The idea is to form the trio of the times of Barcelona with Messi, Neymar and Guardiola.”

And neymar then asked mbappe to join the two if them as well.

Easy, this game.

Yes. I have to the same opinion. I am not sure that Messi is as super-human as you all seem to believe. For me barcelona know they are bigger than the player and have to start again, and it is telling that his own club are shunting him out.

This is for me above all else a signing for the fans. I am not sure that the football team will actually benefit but we shall see. The complete tragedy is that we cannot go to City and see this unfold although I do think that by next season I will be back at City watching Messi from my seat.

City directors will be obliged to make this happen but I am not sure this is wise. It will happen though. It's more or less destiny. I hope the magic man has one more season left in those boots of his, and that Covid lifts to let me see it.
‘For me barcelona know they are bigger than the player and have to start again, and it is telling that his own club are shunting him out’.

I’m not sure this is Barcelona board driven. Why would they try and make Messi out to be the bad guy, a guy that is the modern Barcelona to anyone who watches football. Fans won’t forget and I’d imagine will stand behind messi on this. The club could easily have spoken with him behind closed doors and said look time to move on for the good of the club. We know Pep interested, go and have a word.
That’s the right thing to do, even city have taken this approach with Kompany, silva and also Sergio, leave when you’re ready and we’ll sort it. Class.
I think messi sees the crumbling club with no real short term solution and thinks 2 years here winning nothing, definitely time move

Ota:
  • A year younger than Messi
  • Established Argentine international
  • Low maintenance model pro
  • PL and multiple other medals
  • Club experience in several countries
  • Speaks fluent Spanish
  • Good tattoos.
Ye, that’s £100m of anybody’s money.

Now you’ve done that - can you do the same for Gundo?

The other story comes from Yahoo’s Jorge Nicola, and perhaps that’s even more shocking. He says Lionel Messi invited Neymar to join him at Manchester City.

It’s a person close to the Brazilian star who told the journalist that this invite was made even before Lionel Messi told Barcelona he’d leave the club.

“Messi asked Neymar to go to Manchester City,” the source told Jorge Nicola. “The idea is to form the trio of the times of Barcelona with Messi, Neymar and Guardiola.”

I’m dreaming right??......this is a dream? Is this the real life, or is it just fantasy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.