Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on Kevs performances over the last 3 seasons and not based on Messi last night

Kev plays so many different positions and imo if it was the chance of signing Messi but losing Kev then its a big fucking NO from me

The ginger prince for me all day long

So now we've reached the point where we're making fake ultimatums.

I agree, if the choice is getting Messi but losing KDB, Aguero, Pep, Foden, Sterling, Laporte and Walker, I wouldn't get him...

No. That's where you've reached complete delusion.

Messi just outpeformed every single player in Europe over the season and you think he's jaded because he Barcelona lost a game.

Fucking Jaded? More assists in the league than Kevin De Bruyne has ever managed. 1 goal less than Aguero's best ever season. At the same time.

Fucking Jaded!

You are equally deluded to think he could still slot in at City in his current state. Take your Messi specs off for a second

Then how come players like Gareth Bale and Suarez couldn’t get close to Messi’s goals and assists despite taking the PL by storm?

La Liga was a much stronger league than the PL and this was proven time and time again in Europe.

Messi’s record against the top English clubs in Europe is better than any striker’s playing in the PL against the same teams, including Aguero.
I’m on about the present fella . We all know good messi has been in the past and yes he will go down as one of the greatest players of all time . But now at this moment in time he is not and he would not benefit our team in my eyes . I know many people will disagree with this but last night I saw a guy who lost his heart and will struggle to get that back .

Just catching up with the thread, and my previous ‘on balance wouldn’t have him’ is slightly changing given some of the points others are giving to ‘let’s get him’.
What chance we could get him up for a trial, see if he can get the ball off Foden first.

Seriously though, no idea whether good or bad for the team but Messi on the back of a City shirt mmmmm

You are equally deluded to think he could still slot in at City in his current state. Take your Messi specs off for a second

Yes, I'm the deluded one for thinking the best player on the planet wouldn't be accomodated succesfully by the best manager on the planet with quite probably the best squad of players on the planet around him.

Jesus Christ I've never seen such an ignorant overreaction

Messi’s performances over the last 3 seasons are far superior to De Bruyne but you have to actually watch the games rather than make remarks which are based on odd matches.

I wouldnt swap either because Kev is much younger but If they played together then the partnership would be untouchable.
I’ve watched a lot of Spanish football aswell but I don’t see how he has been far superior to kbb. Are you la liga is more competitive than the premier because I disagree on that aswell . If your not then fair play .

I’m on about the present fella . We all know good messi has been in the past and yes he will go down as one of the greatest players of all time . But now at this moment in time he is not and he would not benefit our team in my eyes . I know many people will disagree with this but last night I saw a guy who lost his heart and will struggle to get that back .
But on this seasons showing he still is better than every other player. As he was the one before that and the one before that.
Using last night as a reason to call him a busted flush is fucking mental.
Have your reasons to say it’s a signing you wouldn’t be for, that’s fair enough. Just don’t kid yourself that his ability is one of them though because even on the wane he’s the best out there and will be for the next couple of years still.

Like obviously many others I do prefer a strong team performance to being dependent on a single Messiah type of player.

I would only like Messi here if our team wouldn't have to be changed completely to be build around him.
He would have to fit in our system.
Our system would have to compensate for his workrate and defensive contribution (although it would be close to Mahrez's...).

And he would have to accept a City wage level.

Could someone please give an example how a City line-up could look like with Messi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.