Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't seem to be any rumour or indication from the City side that we've been doing any work on signing him this summer. Quite the contrary situation to last.

At a guess, I'd say City have had enough of being used by Messi as a cudgel to whack money/concessions/Managerial changes out of Barca.

Would have loved to have had him any of the the last half-dozen times he was playing these games. But then it is extremely questionable as to how realistic the possibility of him coming here ever was. Even last year, which in retrospect just seems like anti-Bartomeu politicking.
There was no official confirmation or rumour we were in for in last season either.
Everyone assumed we were in for him (and probably rightfully so) but there was not one statement from us previously.
I imagine if we have done a deal it will be left to Messi to announce on his own terms

Read the last few pages, and still can’t quite work out where the situation is at. Can somebody summarise for me please? Messi is a free agent but he’s still expected to re-sign with Barca right?

Or are just waiting for the right time and circumstances to announce what he has already decides, possibly a fair while ago.
very possibly.

Like it has been said before, we are just waiting for him to give us the nod or not....the deal is there for him if he wants it.

Read the last few pages, and still can’t quite work out where the situation is at. Can somebody summarise for me please? Messi is a free agent but he’s still expected to re-sign with Barca right?
messi has agreed a deal with barca, but they cant get his signature on it yet without confirmation from la liga and uefa that messi would be allowed to be registered, they need to reduce the wage bill by 200m euros in order for it to go ahead, and without any cheating or dodgy business, it seems highly unlikely that they can do it unless they sell/terminate players contracts to get their high salaries off the wage bill

messi has agreed a deal with barca, but they cant get his signature on it yet without confirmation from la liga and uefa that messi would be allowed to be registered, they need to reduce the wage bill by 200m euros in order for it to go ahead, and without any cheating or dodgy business, it seems highly unlikely that they can do it unless they sell/terminate players contracts to get their high salaries off the wage bill
Would they take the chance to fuck Griezman and Dembele off just to keep Messi on the books then?

Yes.

If you are Laporta.

Ok, wow - thanks. Either way, it seems entertaining to watch it play out.

Would they take the chance to fuck Griezman and Dembele off just to keep Messi on the books then?
dembeles injured for several months so its impossible for him to be moved on this summer, and in fact theyve offered him a new deal on 50% less wages since his deal ends in a year and they dont want him to leave on a free

griezmann from what it looks like to me is considered to be staying unless an irresistible offer is produced, i dont know what barcas valuation of the player is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.