Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
messi has agreed a deal with barca, but they cant get his signature on it yet without confirmation from la liga and uefa that messi would be allowed to be registered, they need to reduce the wage bill by 200m euros in order for it to go ahead, and without any cheating or dodgy business, it seems highly unlikely that they can do it unless they sell/terminate players contracts to get their high salaries off the wage bill

Bit of an extreme conclusion to Laporta's loose claims.

messi has agreed a deal with barca, but they cant get his signature on it yet without confirmation from la liga and uefa that messi would be allowed to be registered, they need to reduce the wage bill by 200m euros in order for it to go ahead, and without any cheating or dodgy business, it seems highly unlikely that they can do it unless they sell/terminate players contracts to get their high salaries off the wage bill
Hang on.

Are you.....are you going to tell us water is wet?

You're ain't half turning into a bit of a drama queen my old pedigree chum.

dembeles injured for several months so its impossible for him to be moved on this summer, and in fact theyve offered him a new deal on 50% less wages since his deal ends in a year and they dont want him to leave on a free

griezmann from what it looks like to me is considered to be staying unless an irresistible offer is produced, i dont know what barcas valuation of the player is
Just wondered if Barca might take advantage of the twitter 'racism' storm to cite gross misconduct and fuck them both off?

After much digging I finally found a bookie which were willing to give odds of Messi staying at Barca. 1/40 on and it's restricted what you can put on. Ourselves and PSG are around the 5/1 mark of him playing for either of us by the 3rd Sept,21.
Nothing to see here ladies & gentlemen.

After much digging I finally found a bookie which were willing to give odds of Messi staying at Barca. 1/40 on and it's restricted what you can put on. Ourselves and PSG are around the 5/1 mark of him playing for either of us by the 3rd Sept,21.
Nothing to see here ladies & gentlemen.

I'm surprised they are offering those odds, as he can't stay at Barca. He is no longer their player. He can return, re-sign, join etc. The staying ship has sailed.

Pretty solid odds, but a reasonable drop from last week though.

And sacrifice some 80-120m in player value as a loss? If it wasn't Barcelona, i'd say nobody is that idiotic.
Dembele injured and Messi shirt sales / image rights and maybe it (almost) makes sense? True though that they are not really in a position to throw away the sums you mention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.