Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The desperation. 'it might not be true, it's just some bloke on twitter'

Headline changes to City bag Messi:

It's true, some bloke on twitter.

Messi re-signing or moving is a bit of a side story for me now.

The story has become the financial collapse of Barca of which Messi is a part in the story.

Ive changed my mind over and over whether he will stay or go (let alone where he will go)

Now it appears he wants to stay and is prepared to half his wages. That does surprise me but good on him if true.

Now the question is…under what circumstances is it allowed?

The much bigger question is how are Barca getting out of this mess with masses of short term debts payable some to other clubs. That’s a big no-no with FIFA let alone UEFA.

Still an interesting thread I think.
If they comply with La Liga Economic Controls they bite the bullet this year but next year their spending limit will go up and it may help them in the medium term. They should have a good surplus next season.

If he does sign for 5 years it is a good thing as means he is very unlikely to darken our door

It's less "reduces his wages to half" and more "spreads out his wages over five years, even when he is unlikely to still be playing". It's paying him an expensive contract via Klarna, and as anyone has used Klarna knows it's fucking annoying when you're still paying installments after you've used up the original purchase.

If they comply with La Liga Economic Controls they bite the bullet this year but next year their spending limit will go up and it may help them in the medium term. They should have a good surplus next season.

If he does sign for 5 years it is a good thing as means he is very unlikely to darken our door
Hopefully this thread will then take its long overdue place in the BIN.

Amazing to give a 34 year old player a 5 year contract. It seems like that's just delaying the problem. No doubt they'll be unable to sign players in a few years time because they're paying 600k a week for someone who's managing 20-odd games a season.

the situation hasnt changed much per se:

"The announcement is dependent on player departures that will allow Barca to fund the Argentina captain's wages."

although again i think barca is getting that sorted out with the Griezmann-Saul swap, but surely theres got to be more depatures than just him, i know he's on a lot of money but theres still lots to get off the wage bill to incorporate messis wages into it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.