Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It'll be interesting if inspector gadget outside Messi's house gets the text to say Messi's jet isn't in Barcelona anymore.
I don't think Messi is on it tonight, doesn't make sense.
Unless he's picked his dad up, and then flying on to wherever.

So when do we all buy back in? If he’s still in Barcelona by week’s end? I’m ready to be hurt again.
No. Unless there is any news about our involvement in the deal. Not a single report links us to messi. We are in for Kane and not messi. Don't get your hopes up!

For the 45th time he couldn't even have played for free as they can't register any player until they reduce their wage bill percentage.
They have to get below 95% which they haven't and that exceeds the la liga wage limit.

So he leaves on a free transfer. Renegotiates a new contract when the dust settles and they have jibbed a few others.

A contract that is 90% less. As he loves the club and isn't a mercenary midget.

And of course the joys of social media is that everyone just repeats the same thing and passes it off as their own.
Hang on, piggy back Romano will be telling us he understands.

Ready?

I am sure PSG will see a huge increase in their revenue due to Messi. People said exactly the same last year here when discussing how City-CFG can afford him mentioning brand new sponsors coming in, existing sponsors paying more for Messi, the standard image right business that from his own lucrative commercial deals the club profits too and so on ...

Even if they ask their Qatar Tourism sponsor deal to put more money form one pocket to other to pay more to the club who could say its not fair when its about a Messi sized "increase". Messi will be the face of Qatar WC and that worth a lot of money for next 2 years and not just from Qatar related sponsors.

all this "omg how will PSg afford this adding so much salary to their wage bill" i think they will be fine without FFP issues. they kept the transfer fees really low, something like 60m GBP spent, that is 10m per year isnt it. absolute nothing.
Ramos, Donnarumma, Hakimi, Messi salary will add to the wage bill for sure, but I doubt Ramos, Hakimi gets much more if any than our players in similar position.
Donnarumma has maybe a big contract but he is maybe the best keeper for next 10 years overall the new Neuer maybe, I rate him highly and picked up for free gives them a chance to balance his salary out because otherwise he could have been a 100m priced keeper look at Allison, Kepa pricing from years ago.

PSG could raise ticket prices by 100% and they would sell out only from tourist going there to watch Messi imo. they will start selling all kind of merchandize and people will buy them even if they didnt care about PSG until the day Messi joins them. Messi is a seller, he sells on a way different level than any athelte in the world. its not like he sells more kit than KDB or Salah or similar players. he sells way much more. he has fans by the millions who will want a Messi shirt from PSG. he will bring lot of supporters to PSG.they might only follow them for 2 years, some will stick after that too for sure but in that short period I expect a hike in revenue for PSG.
especially as he gets added to Mbappe and Neymar who are no mugs either when it comes to commercial value let alone football pitch value.

At the same time I am sure Barca will feel on their incomes that he is not there anymore even if they get rid of his salary which was a large chunk of money wasnt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.