Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carns said:
I think this is all utter nonsense tbh. I wouldn't be surprised to see Luis Enrique leave and Messi getting another new contact because of this. He'll never leave Barcelona. The club clearly favours him above all and would be willing to rehash their entire management to please him.

Luis is pretty much finished anyway. Barca got rid of Tata last season and he was far more impressive than Luis.

sam-caddick said:
It there was ever a time Messi would leave Barca I reckon it's this summer.

I think people also need to look at this from Barcelona's point of view. As much as Messi is worth to them commercially, with Neymar in the squad, he isn't the goose who laid the golden egg anymore. At 27 this summer his value will probably still be at it's peak, but it won't remain there for more than another year. By the time their transfer ban expires and they head into the 2016/17 season Messi will be pushing 30 and no matter how good he is, Barca simply won't be able to command anything like the 150/200 million euros which they could get this summer.

If you look at the way the last few years have gone there's also the sense that Messi himself has become too powerful and too all consuming at Barcelona. It's a like a love affair that is rotting from the inside. Every time he is dropped two things happen, Barca don't win, and there's immediately uproar and rumours that he's unhappy. For over a year now when he does play those who have watched him closely down the years say that that he's putting in literally 50% of what he's capable of. That he somehow cares less. He was jeered regularly last season by segments of the Barca support, and even on Monday when he skipped training there were songs criticising the board of directors but also him.

I feel sorry for those posters who've bought into the idea that Messi will stay at Barca forever because I feel like they're missing out on watching the greatest transfer chess game City have ever been involved with. It might well be we don't get him, but if you don't believe we're in for him then you're missing out on something special!

bobmcfc said:
SWP's back said:
bobmcfc said:
Does messi even have a Twitter account ? Lol
Instagram, not twitter

Must have got my wires crossed and thought people were saying he followed Chelsea on Twitter

ive read on the net that he follows only 2 other clubs, apart from barca on twitter - us and chelsea.

Mister Appointment said:
sam-caddick said:
It there was ever a time Messi would leave Barca I reckon it's this summer.

I think people also need to look at this from Barcelona's point of view. As much as Messi is worth to them commercially, with Neymar in the squad, he isn't the goose who laid the golden egg anymore. At 27 this summer his value will probably still be at it's peak, but it won't remain there for more than another year. By the time their transfer ban expires and they head into the 2016/17 season Messi will be pushing 30 and no matter how good he is, Barca simply won't be able to command anything like the 150/200 million euros which they could get this summer.

If you look at the way the last few years have gone there's also the sense that Messi himself has become too powerful and too all consuming at Barcelona. It's a like a love affair that is rotting from the inside. Every time he is dropped two things happen, Barca don't win, and there's immediately uproar and rumours that he's unhappy. For over a year now when he does play those who have watched him closely down the years say that that he's putting in literally 50% of what he's capable of. That he somehow cares less. He was jeered regularly last season by segments of the Barca support, and even on Monday when he skipped training there were songs criticising the board of directors but also him.

I feel sorry for those posters who've bought into the idea that Messi will stay at Barca forever because I feel like they're missing out on watching the greatest transfer chess game City have ever been involved with. It might well be we don't get him, but if you don't believe we're in for him then you're missing out on something special!

I've watched Barca less frequently over last year or so and quite often when I "watch" them it whilst doing something else (like wasting time on Blue Moon) but I would say Messi is cruising. I firmly believe he needs a new challenge and of the clubs that could afford him, I think we offer the biggest and best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.