Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has just 2 goals from open play in his last 17 matches. The decline is real.
Don’t know why people aren’t picking up on this more. Even if he wants to leave and has made his mind up, you’d think he’d still try his best for the club he loves. It’s not like he’s intentionally sabotaging them is it? Why can’t we accept he’s declining like someone who’s played 1000 games would at this age? Would be a huge mistaking putting all our eggs into this basket.

Don’t know why people aren’t picking up on this more. Even if he wants to leave and has made his mind up, you’d think he’d still try his best for the club he loves. It’s not like he’s intentionally sabotaging them is it? Why can’t we accept he’s declining like someone who’s played 1000 games would at this age? Would be a huge mistaking putting all our eggs into this basket.
I'm not sure why you think all our eggs are in the Messi basket? His transfer (or not) doesn't effect City at all

If he comes he comes... if not then fine

He will be a free transfer and as already been said many times his commercial value to the club / CFG far outweigh what his wages would be - even if we paid him £100m a year, so if anything we would make a profit from having Messi. There was a figure being floated around a few weeks ago that Messi generates around £300m a year for Barca...!

As for his performances of late - he's only human after all, and this must be putting a lot of stress on him from both a professional perspective and also on his home life... He was promised that he could leave whenever he wanted (at the end of every season) and then Barca refused and went back on that promise, I would imagine that Messi was proper pissed at the club and broken promises like that are hard to forgive.

Personally (for what it's worth) I think he'll leave Barca or retire, I can't see any miracle (and it would take a miracle) that a skint and in turmoil Barca can turn things around quickly enough for Messi no matter who wins the elections

I don't think so.

It is Qataris being Qataris. They would want Messi if they ever could get him. Even if that means the rest of the team is made of amateur level players. This would be a disaster.

Mbappé won't renew in any case in my opinion. Neymar has more chance to stay.
I think you’re right, having Messi at PSG for the Qatari World Cup would be the aim. Can’t see it happening though

I'm not sure why you think all our eggs are in the Messi basket? His transfer (or not) doesn't effect City at all

If he comes he comes... if not then fine

He will be a free transfer and as already been said many times his commercial value to the club / CFG far outweigh what his wages would be - even if we paid him £100m a year, so if anything we would make a profit from having Messi. There was a figure being floated around a few weeks ago that Messi generates around £300m a year for Barca...!

As for his performances of late - he's only human after all, and this must be putting a lot of stress on him from both a professional perspective and also on his home life... He was promised that he could leave whenever he wanted (at the end of every season) and then Barca refused and went back on that promise, I would imagine that Messi was proper pissed at the club and broken promises like that are hard to forgive.

Personally (for what it's worth) I think he'll leave Barca or retire, I can't see any miracle (and it would take a miracle) that a skint and in turmoil Barca can turn things around quickly enough for Messi no matter who wins the elections
For Barca, yeah. No chance we get anyway near 300m a season in additional revenue from him.

For Barca, yeah. No chance we get anyway near 300m a season in additional revenue from him.
I've absolutely no idea how much extra revenue Messi would generate for a prem club but you can bet the money guys at CFG have run the numbers...

If Messi were to be paid say £100m a season (which is the figure we've all seen thrown around) then I would imagine we could easily generate that from just a handful of sponsors. Then there's the wow factor and the raising of the whole CFG brand and the ability to attact younger, top players with Messi in the squad?

Not at all. Leo always wants to play so motivation is not an issue but his heart may not be 100% there and that may simply be subconscious
You can’t be motivated if your heart isn’t in it? Your “heart not being in something” is about as close to a definition of being unmotivated as you can get. Maybe it’s a language thing.

Mata asked about the possibility of Messi coming to us yesterday. His response was to basically shit himself saying he hopes he doesn’t come to us and if he does come to Manchester it’s to the rags. Then waffled on about some other shite about if you’re having a bad day just watch some Messi videos on you tube and it makes everything better. Then said something about not worrying about things he can’t control. So ye basically shitting it really think he may have heard a few whispers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.