Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This isn't happening, was possibly happening last year but didn't and is dead in the water this.

Time to get over this forlorn hope and get excited realistic signings.

Shame as woulda loved to see him in sky blue but, that's life

I don't see many arguing this is happening, can people just calm down about this a bit.

All that is going on is watching the contract of one of the best players in the world slowly come to an end (or to an extension) and how Barcelona are going to deal with it, and if that maybe opens up an interesting transfer elsewhere if he doesn't extend as expected.

Do you not find the prospect of the world's best player playing knockout stages of an international tournament as a free agent even slightly intriguing.

What on earth is the harm in that, on a dedicated thread to these warrant constant remarks.

I don't see many arguing this is happening, can people just calm down about this a bit.

All that is going on is watching the contract of one of the best players in the world slowly come to an end (or to an extension) and how Barcelona are going to deal with it, and if that maybe opens up an interesting transfer elsewhere if he doesn't extend as expected.

Do you not find the prospect of the world's best player playing knockout stages of an international tournament as a free agent even slightly intriguing.

What on earth is the harm in that, on a dedicated thread to these warrant constant remarks.

Who said there was any harm in it, just saying be ready for dissapointment if/when it doesn't happen, because some on here seem like they will be proper stroppy if it doesn't, which it probably won't.

I am more ablivalent tp it, would be nice but not expecting it so don't get upset when people say there is no chance.

Him rocking up in bradford would be a bonus not an expectation.

Who said there was any harm in it, just saying be ready for dissapointment if/when it doesn't happen, because some on here seem like they will be proper stroppy if it doesn't, which it probably won't.

I am more ablivalent tp it, would be nice but not expecting it so don't get upset when people say there is no chance.

Him rocking up in bradford would be a bonus not an expectation.

I am prepared for disappointment, thanks. Or rather, there won't be disappointment as I have no real expectations.

Fair enough though.

Baffling isn’t it? It’s almost as though some City fans wouldn’t mind watching one of the best players ever in a City shirt and are using a Transfer Forum to discuss speculation. The bastards.

Yup, I’ve got no interest in signing Danny ings or Reece James, so I just don’t read the thread. Certainly wouldn’t frequent them telling everyone who was discussing it they are wrong and it’s never going to happen.

A player who wanted to join us last season has 5 days left of his contract then can leave for a free. Said player would cost a lot in wages but the signing would help fill a hole next season if all our forward options are too expensive. The clubs marketability would rocket. Players would be even more attracted to coming if he was here and he would automatically make the squad better by virtu of training with him day in day out for a couple of years.

Obviously a chance that it doesn’t happen, but for the life of me I don’t get why blues are so keen to say it’s not happening and we should close the thread. The only thing we are hearing is the Spanish press saying he’s renewing but they have been wrong on their predictions over the last year

Yup, I’ve got no interest in signing Danny ings or Reece James, so I just don’t read the thread. Certainly wouldn’t frequent them telling everyone who was discussing it they are wrong and it’s never going to happen.

A player who wanted to join us last season has 5 days left of his contract then can leave for a free. Said player would cost a lot in wages but the signing would help fill a hole next season if all our forward options are too expensive. The clubs marketability would rocket. Players would be even more attracted to coming if he was here and he would automatically make the squad better by virtu of training with him day in day out for a couple of years.

Obviously a chance that it doesn’t happen, but for the life of me I don’t get why blues are so keen to say it’s not happening and we should close the thread. The only thing we are hearing is the Spanish press saying he’s renewing but they have been wrong on their predictions over the last year

So are you saying you should/can only comment if you are posistive or an optimist?

As city fans have had certain traits like everlasting pessimism or indiferent self deprication of positive situations, I don't think having a more fatalistic opinion is invalid in any transfer thread :-)

Plus I also have no interest in Ings but never believed we were after him so also have no opinion to give in his thread.

For me zero has changed at Barca since he wanted to leave last year in playing turns, Messi has about 2 max 3 years to win the CL, which is why he wanted to leave last year is it not? He ain’t doing that a Barca but he has a better chance with us, so if it’s true he was within a gnats hair of coming last year why wouldn’t he come now, if it’s trophies he wants. If he doesn’t come it was all bullshit last year and a power play.

So are you saying you should/can only comment if you are posistive or an optimist?

As city fans have had certain traits like everlasting pessimism or indiferent self deprication of positive situations, I don't think having a more fatalistic opinion is invalid in any transfer thread :-)

Plus I also have no interest in Ings but never believed we were after him so also have no opinion to give in his thread.

No, I’m not saying you can’t be negative, but that poster I quoted keeps begging for the thread to be locked. He also keeps bumping it telling everyone it’s not happening whilst having no insider knowledge. Just odd to me. a poster with 17k posts doesn’t exactly grasp what a forum is or what it’s purpose is. Tell us it’s not happening, that’s fine, but after a while it gets a tad boring, and calling anyone that wants him to come a Messi fanboy is, again, IMO a bit odd

"There had been rumours coming out of the club that everything had been agreed and could all be announced on the 24 June to coincide with the player's 34th birthday.

However, it is not just the signature that is missing but also agreement on all the points of a very complicated contract."

He is likely to make money if if signs his new contract from 1st August, unless they are matching or increasing the value which I doubt.

The same thing could be going on with Fernandinho, it is likely to be worth a few hundred grand to take severance pay for July and and new contract from August.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.