Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My worst nightmare would be to drown in the stuff.
I do have nightmares about it. It was amongst stuff I couldn't eat at school dinners at Uppermill Primary. At the time, there was a demon dinner lady who used to flick your ear very hard if you had left anything on your plate. I used to get both barrels with tapioca, sago and beetroot. Just this year I have faced my fears and can now eat beetroot as long as it is freshly roasted. Just the thought of the pickled variety and sago/tapioca brings me out in a cold sweat (and stinging ears).

Anyhow, @tolmie's hairdoo can we expect our business to proceed quick smart now the Euros/Copa A are comming to a close?

I will share something on here now Garcia is no longer a City player.

I wrote previously they went back to him in May and said he would have to take a 50 per cent pay cut.

Their original offer, albeit as a free transfer, was £200k a week AFTER TAX!!!

He was on £35k a week at City and had rejected an increase to £75k a week.

For perspective, 210k after tax in the UK is what, £400k a week?

He's now on £100k a week after tax.

Absolutely mind-boggling for a player who turns slower than milk.
And people criticised him on here for wanting to leave.

And people criticised him on here for wanting to leave.

Most of us would quit our jobs if someone offered us over 5 times the wages for doing the same thing. Even now with the pay cut he’s on 2 and half times what he’d be on at City… (200 vs 75) Barca can’t be much of a draw if they have to throw money around like this to attract players. This is a timely reminder of why they are in the shit… they have huge revenues but who in their right mind pays a tug boat like Garcia €400k per week. They have systematically mismanaged their finances - and with fixed term contracts of 3 to 5 years - there’s no quick fix.

Most of us would quit our jobs if someone offered us over 5 times the wages for doing the same thing. Even now with the pay cut he’s on 2 and half times what he’d be on at City… (200 vs 75) Barca can’t be much of a draw if they have to throw money around like this to attract players. This is a timely reminder of why they are in the shit… they have huge revenues but who in their right mind pays a tug boat like Garcia €400k per week. They have systematically mismanaged their finances - and with fixed term contracts of 3 to 5 years - there’s no quick fix.
Whoever was in charge of Barca's finances needs help, they are mentally ill.

Playing for a club like that should be an honour , it's not a club that should have to bribe players to play for them.

I will share something on here now Garcia is no longer a City player.

I wrote previously they went back to him in May and said he would have to take a 50 per cent pay cut.

Their original offer, albeit as a free transfer, was £200k a week AFTER TAX!!!

He was on £35k a week at City and had rejected an increase to £75k a week.

For perspective, 210k after tax in the UK is what, £400k a week?

He's now on £100k a week after tax.

Absolutely mind-boggling for a player who turns slower than milk.
Tolmie, I have to question the sanity of paying a fifth choice centreback 75k, who frankly has not shown himself as yet to be worthy of such a sum. I guess Pep and Barca see something in him that most of us do not !!

Tolmie, I have to question the sanity of paying a fifth choice centreback 75k, who frankly has not shown himself as yet to be worthy of such a sum. I guess Pep and Barca see something in him that most of us do not !!
That’s why they get paid millions they see things footballing experts on forums don’t see

Running down his final year, at that stage, City are forced to make it attractive enough to at least try and persuade him to reconsider.

Raheem isn't worth more than the £300k a week he is already receiving, but City are forced to think bigger to try and protect their original investment and now allow him to run his own deal down any further.

City could have sold Garcia in another two years time under contract and still more than recoup a fee that would outstrip the wages we had paid out to him.

Sometimes it is about securing talent, like it was with Kev.

But there are also business decisions to be made on people like Garcia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.