Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was it not Silva that Barcelona started selling shirts with his name on before any deal had been agreed. I seem to remember that that pissed him off from reports.
I don't remember that but it certainly doesn't sound out of character for the Barcelona we've come to know and ... loath. Barcelona certainly wanted him and I don't think ever forgave us for beating them to him, but I don't think they were ever really considered by David, do you? I remember that most of our pundits - well informed as usual - assured us that David was certain to sign for Chelsea and we'd have to see whether Ozil would come to City (money but no 'istry or class), then there was incredulity and claims we'd "stolen" him when he signed. David said he'd known for over a year that he (and David Villa) would have to leave Valencia, that City had kept in contact every week over that time without ever pressurising him and had done everything they could to put together a deal which dealt with all his concerns. Whether PSG are capable of showing such sensitivity to Messi to make them real rivals remains to be seen. At the moment they seem to have pissed Barcelona off but that may be irrelevant.

How long is Messi prepared to wait for Barca?
Currently they are frantically trying to offload players to bring the wage bill down but this could drag on until transfer deadline day.
At the moment we can't be sure he's prepared to wait at all. He said he'd announce his decision at the end of the season which, I suppose, is after the final of the Copa America tomorrow. He may already have made that decision. I suppose he could surprise us all and retire? Or he may announce that he's decided to sign for PSG/City? I can't believe he's going to say that his heart is in Barcelona so he'll play for nothing ... The problem with reducing the wage bill is clearly that no other club wants the players Barcelona are prepared to "let go" and Spanish clubs are under the same wages cap as they are ... 800k for Griezmann ...

Doesnt Messi bring in over 300m euros a season commercial revenue for Barca?
Exactly the point as I understand it he brings in more than he takes out.
He would be asked to reduce his take to. 10 percent of current salary to comply with Spanish League regs whilst continuing to be used to bring in massive money in sponsorship deals to Barca.

What would you do?

At the moment we can't be sure he's prepared to wait at all. He said he'd announce his decision at the end of the season which, I suppose, is after the final of the Copa America tomorrow. He may already have made that decision. I suppose he could surprise us all and retire? Or he may announce that he's decided to sign for PSG/City? I can't believe he's going to say that his heart is in Barcelona so he'll play for nothing ... The problem with reducing the wage bill is clearly that no other club wants the players Barcelona are prepared to "let go" and Spanish clubs are under the same wages cap as they are ... 800k for Griezmann ...

One thing is for sure. If he announces anything next week it won’t be he is sigoing for Barca as it’s currently not possible.

Last edited:
What I really wanna see this season is how much Messi takes his own career seriously.

The greatest players are not always the brightest but he has to be real moron to still follow up at Barca. I mean they are laundering players, kids and what not out just to make him stay. What kind of team does he want to place next season at Barca. A half hearted Depay who was forced to cut back on his wages and is not even registered. Or the other 8 players who already know Barca have decided to throw then under the bus and wants to get rid at any cost.

I mean the future is so fucking bleak even to an outsider and the things we must be knowing. I don't know how he can wait just and still hope for a contract when entire thing unfurls around him.

I will remove my blue tinted glass and even advice him to go to PSG and play with Neymar. Go to Bayern. Fuck come to England and play for a young Chelsea team in London or for that matter under that yellow teeth bastard at liverpool then at Barcelona for the sake of his career.

Putting my blue tinted glass on. I don't wanna this that dwarf anywhere in England unless it's us. He can crash and burn at Barcelona than play for any of the red scums or the rent boys. CTID!

I am still hurt about Messi again after last summer. But I can’t help but get reigned in again in hope

What I really wanna see this season is how much Messi takes his own career seriously.

The greatest players are not always the brightest but he has to be real moron to still follow up at Barca. I mean they are laundering players, kids and what not out just to make him stay. What kind of team does he want to place next season at Barca. A half hearted Depay who was forced to cut back on his wages and is not even registered. Or the other 8 players who already know Barca have decided to throw then under the bus and wants to get rid at any cost.

I mean the future is so fucking bleak even to an outsider and the things we must be knowing. I don't know how he can wait just and still hope for a contract when entire thing unfurls around him.

I will remove my blue tinted glass and even advice him to go to PSG and play with Neymar. Go to Bayern. Fuck come to England and play for a young Chelsea team in London or for that matter under that yellow teeth bastard at liverpool then at Barcelona for the sake of his career.

Putting my blue tinted glass on. I don't wanna this that dwarf anywhere in England unless it's us. He can crash and burn at Barcelona than play for any of the red scums or the rent boys. CTID!
He will play for the team that offers him and his father what he wants.

He has all the medals, if he wanted to go and enjoy his football and win more titles he would have left this present Barca a few seasons ago.

It's now all about money.

If that is true he brings in 300m euros in revenue then just think of how simple this deal to bring him in would be.

He would literally pay for himself with the money generated.

That's just a guess at the amount he would generate, add on top the sponsor money, tv money and money for winning leagues/cups then these next couple of years could see our standings go up a good few levels.

If we have a chance to get him in then why not, we'd clean up with him in the team, and yes we've cleaned up everything but the champions league but I think with him in the team we'd get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.