Lionel Messi

The goal was very obviously staged.

Soft freekick at the very end of the match, keeper well out of position in goal for no apparent reason, and doesn’t make a full effort to get to the ball.

MLS wanted him to score on his debut and they made it happen; I am sure Liga MX and Cruz Azul were happy to oblige for the increased general exposure, especially as the Leagues Cup is more for that than sporting competition.

That's the first time I've seen the goal. I take it the keeper thought the match had finished as was signing autographs at the side of the pitch.

I had season tickets to MLS before I discovered the premier league in 2006. I watched one prem game and immediately cancelled my tickets. I had watched Serie A a few times and hated the diving, but this absolutely blew me away! I finally understood why it is called the Beautiful Game. I'm sure I don't need to convince anyone, but the quality is absolutely abysmal in MLS! Believe me, they don't need to stage anything for Messi to absolutely still thrash their defenses. BTW, I'm going to only my second prem game ever in a few weeks!! Had to go near London so I'm seeing Spurs vs Rags. Sucks that I can't wear my DeBruyne shirt.

So glad for Messi. So happy to see he's enjoying his life in MLS, are appreciated everywhere from home teams to away teams, and actually, the whole league appreciates his arrival.
Inter Miami didn't have win 12/13 games before he joined. But now with him in the team, 4 wins in a row now for the bottom team. 7 goals in 4 games!

He deserves all of the loves from all MLS fans. The opponent fans support their teams while wearing Messi shirt, while the players in the opponents team still happy asking for a photo with Messi after losing the match, that's so funny and so crazy!

It's just show how ungrateful PSG fans were, and they deserve all the mess they currently have now.

Last edited:
That headed own goal for Inter Miami’s third goal looked rather suspect.

Banging free kick afterwards, though.

So glad for Messi. So happy to see he's enjoying his life in MLS, are appreciated everywhere from home teams to away teams, and actually, the whole league appreciates his arrival.
Inter Miami didn't have win 12/13 games before he joined. But now with him in the team, 4 wins in a row now for the bottom team. 7 goals in 4 games!

He deserves all of the loves from all MLS fans. The opponent fans support their teams while wearing Messi shirt, while the players in the opponents team still happy asking for a photo with Messi after losing the match, that's so funny and so crazy!

It's just show how ungrateful PSG fans were, and they deserve all the mess they currently have now.

The opponents fans support their team while wearing a Messi shirt.

Oh dear .
Pathetic

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.