Lisbon 23 degrees & 3 places left on Flight

Re: Sporting Lisbon v Man City 1 night stopover

pm me and I'll give you details of where we are staying or hotels near by

where are people staying on this trip,city centre or near the ground,just want heads up as im going on my own,dont want to be in middle of nowhere with no blues about,going ticket office in morning,got a feeling this is gonna sell pretty well,seems alot of interest in this one

simon31goat said:
where are people staying on this trip,city centre or near the ground,just want heads up as im going on my own,dont want to be in middle of nowhere with no blues about,going ticket office in morning,got a feeling this is gonna sell pretty well,seems alot of interest in this one

I've been to Lisbon and the stadium before, you don't want to stay near the stadium, it's just your average city suburb, go for a central hotel, there are plenty to choose from and the metro makes it easy to get around the city and is cheap, a day ticket costs around 5 euros and is valid on the buses too IIRC.

TIP: Don't try and fare dodge on the metro.

Booked into the Clarion about 1km from bars at Bairro Altro and 6KM from the ground

does anyone know of any good waterfront pubs in Lisbon ?

same as you DLB42 me and three mates booked with TAP air when warsaw and lisbon drew 2-2.. £120 inc taxes.. we took the chance and it paid off they only have fully flex tickets left now as a lot of blues have booked, we re staying in the NH liberade....word of warning if we make it to the final and you make your own way be prepared for sky high hotel prices

Spike what is the name of the hotel? Im booked in the five star!

simon31goat said:

Im staying at a hotel near
Praça dos Restauradores nº78 - 4º andar, Baixa / Chiado
lisboa, 1250
Portugal

though the reviews are not too great, 75 euros from tuesday to Friday and then heading to Faro for an early saturday flight home.

The hotel does not get a great review, but it is a decent location close to quite a few cafe-bars and restaurants (that are reasonably priced, it is also beside the railway station and its own metro stop, and a short stroll to the city centre.

m32blue said:
Booked into the Clarion about 1km from bars at Bairro Altro and 6KM from the ground

does anyone know of any good waterfront pubs in Lisbon ?

Cant recall any decent waterfront bars in Lisbon the last time i was over (unless you head out to Belem, but the riverboat cruises are well worth the money to get a different view of the city (and a complimentary beer, the rest you have to pay for)

For me the best bars in Lisbon were in the Square Parca dos Restauradores or the Square Dom Pedro, these are at the bottom end of the Av De Liberdade, theres some cheap little local bars and if you get the chance, get into the Ginja bar where they sell the local Licor, Esphinhera.

I spent 8 weeks there for the Euro's and never had a bad meal or found a bad bar, locals were spot on.

Theres a couple of late night spots to be disclosed at a later time.

Theres some affordable hotels in those areas and your right on the metro system which is also very efficient

I'm booked. My 4th or 5th trip with Spike. I have arranged a couple of trips out for me and a few mates, but only when we wanted to and could stay a bit longer. With all the hassle of booking, the extra cost of taxis and trains etc, any saving on a DIY trip is hardly worth it in my view.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.