Lisbon meet up..

That's why we are giving this one a miss, the missus had a bad accident a year ago broke her leg, getting better but wouldn't trust the Portuguese Paramilitary police to not give her a baton across her legs if she couldn't keep up, like i said absolute bastereds worse than even the Spanish
Agreed mate, they were absolute cunts before the game too and delayed us getting in on purpose, fucking smiling all the while .. Shit experience for us so won’t be returning either .

Not seen a thread for this trip.

So, 6 of us flying out Sunday early from Luton, not booked digs yet. Didn't do the last trip, so any suggestions as to the best area to stay would be very welcome. Obviously, right amongst it with plenty of watering holes is a must.

@Indaparkside - you booked anywhere yet mate?

Looking forward to this one, although Lisbon will have to go some to get anywhere near Porto.

Ta.
Yes mate try and book early going Sunday myself bud back weds

Agreed mate, they were absolute cunts before the game too and delayed us getting in on purpose, fucking smiling all the while .. Shit experience for us so won’t be returning either .
You think it’s worth making your own way to the stadium a little earlier instead of following the crowd of city fans getting marched there by police? Saw someone’s blog on YouTube from last time we was there and it looked like chaos trying to get into the ground

You think it’s worth making your own way to the stadium a little earlier instead of following the crowd of city fans getting marched there by police? Saw someone’s blog on YouTube from last time we was there and it looked like chaos trying to get into the ground
We went a little early last time had no issues, coming out after was a pain in the rear though.

Definitely worth doing that mate, the masses are treated like shit there .. Still beat the cunts 5-0 though :-) … Payback .

That's what we did last time and encountered no problems whatsoever. However, for most of the European away games (Bratislava being a notable exception) we seem to be faced with a simple choice.

Get their ridiculously early or risk missing the kick off

Afterwards was a complete farce.
Our hotel was walking distance from the stadium, but after being kept behind for an hour we were literally frogmarched to a different metro and then forced onto a train that only stopped in the centre. We then had to catch a taxi back to our hotel with the stadium floodlights still shining over the Hotel Reception Door

On the plus side I'd taken my Mrs and she hated it

That's what we did last time and encountered no problems whatsoever. However, for most of the European away games (Bratislava being a notable exception) we seem to be faced with a simple choice.

Get their ridiculously early or risk missing the kick off

Afterwards was a complete farce.
Our hotel was walking distance from the stadium, but after being kept behind for an hour we were literally frogmarched to a different metro and then forced onto a train that only stopped in the centre. We then had to catch a taxi back to our hotel with the stadium floodlights still shining over the Hotel Reception Door

On the plus side I'd taken my Mrs and she hated it

I was just about to book the Radisson Blu Hotel next to the stadium, but now I have my doubts.

Was it not possible to walk into the Metro and out another exit?

Is it better then to just get a hotel in the city centre?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.