Live England squad announcement...

Scotland_WC2010 said:
I seem to remember Downing being fairly good at Villa. How have Liverpool managed to turn him into shit within a season?
Downing usually has good patches here and there. Kind of player who was usually good for 2-3 games then done nothing for 6-7. This season he didn't even do that. Lennon, AJ, Pilkington and Sinclair have all had better seasons.<br /><br />-- Wed May 16, 2012 12:51 pm --<br /><br />Didn't most on here want Woy over 'Arry tho? 'Arry would have picked a better squad than that i think.

Just my thoughts on the squad:

GOALKEEPERS: Hart, Green, Ruddy

Ok so as long as Joe Hart is fit the other 2 keepers are probably irrelevant, but Rob Green, really? A championship goalie, is there something up with Carson or Foster because both are better than Green!

DEFENDERS: Baines, Cahill, Cole, Johnson, Lescott, Terry, Jones.

Well,the obvious omission of Micah Richards, which is totally baffling considering he's probably had his best ever season for us and finished as part of the premier league's strongest defence, played in the Champions League and won the Premier League. To see him replaced by Glen Johnson is devastating, can;t imagine how he must feel, can;t seem to win.
Then theres the inclusion of Terry, if he gets convicted of racial abuse, what then? We're going to look like the biggest set of cunts in football.
Not even going to discuss Jones, just a trophy united appointment and not even the correct one, as Smalling is the better defender of the two.

MIDFIELDERS: Barry, Downing, Gerrard, Lampard, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Milner, Parker, Walcott, Young.

Can't have too many complaints about the midfield selection apart from the inclusion of Stuart Downing who has 0 goals and 0 assists in his 36 league appearances. Adam Johnson has 6 goals in 10 less games, but doesn't even make the list. Aaron Lennon has 3 goals and 7 assists from just 23 games but also doesn't even get a look in.

STRIKERS: Carroll, Defoe, Rooney, Welbeck.

Andy Carroll over Daniel Sturridge is a complete joke, unless Hodgson has a Liverpool quota to fill why on earth has one of the biggest flops of the season been included in the team!? Other than that we don;t have too many options up front but taking Rooney means that we only have 3 strikers to choose from for our opening 2 games, I'm thinking England won't even make it out of the group stage!

STAND-BY LIST: Jack Butland, Phil Jagielka, Jordan Henderson, Adam Johnson, Daniel Sturridge.

Jagielka, Johnson and Sturridge should be in the main list ahead of Jones, Downing and Carroll respectively.
Lennon and Richards should also be in the squad.

Overall Selection - 4.5/10

Had the chance to make some brave calls and really take England into a new period but has taken leaps backwards with some ridiculous and cowardly selections. Sorry Woy but its a no from me.

So let me get this right we've got Terry the racist prick in defense. Gerrard that likes to corner DJ in clubs and kick fuck out of them. Carrol a women beating thug and that vile **** Rooney that likes to get red carded.

Fucking hell all we need is a rapist and a murderer selected and we have England's most vile team ever.

Can't wait to hear what Woy has to say about the Downing selection. I honestly don't know how he can justify it without looking like a joke.

MCFC-alan88 said:
Can't wait to hear what Woy has to say about the Downing selection. I honestly don't know how he can justify it without looking like a joke.
It'll be something like this:

'Well he's a bwave boy having to put up with the wough comments fwom the anfield fans this year. So my decision is based on that weally, not that it has anything to do with you, you fucking howwible disgwace. Did you see it? It's a DISGWACE!!!'

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.