Liverpool 2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heard a scurrilous rumour a while ago that Klipperty was off to Bayern in the summer and was trying to get himself sacked so no compo was payable. I laughed at the time but I'm beginning to wonder now.
I'd still laugh that one off, Ancelotti is top of the league and through to the quarter finals of the CL, is in the first year of a 3 year contract and is already signing players for next season (Sule for starters). Nah, I don't think Klippety is trying to get himself sacked, I just think he's a bit of a one trick pony who's struggling now that he doesn't have that Dortmund team of 12/13 (who were perfectly suited to pulling off his one trick at a time when people hadn't had a chance to react to it). There's plenty of examples of previous Klippetys that have hit upon a winning formula with the right team for brief periods and haven't been able to recreate it to any extent once players moved on and others adapted. Wenger being the perfect example in the PL.

In the next 20 years I wonder if anyone can overtake Liverpool and United?

1 Manchester United 42 20 League Titles, 12 FA Cups, 5 League Cups, 3 European Title, 2 FIFA Club WC
2 Liverpool 41 18 League Titles, 7 FA Cups, 8 League Cups, 5 European Title, 3 UEFA Cups
3 Arsenal 28 13 League Titles, 12 FA Cups, 2 League Cups, 2 UEFA Cups
4 Chelsea 21 5 League Titles, 7 FA Cups, 5 League Cups, 1 European Title., 3 UEFA Cups
5 Aston Villa 20 7 League Titles, 7 FA Cups, 5 League Cups, 1 European Title
6 Everton 15 9 League Titles, 5 FA Cups, 1 UEFA Cups
7 Tottenham 17 2 League Titles, 8 FA Cups, 4 League Cups, 3 UEFA Cups
8 Man City 13 4 League, 5 FA Cups, 3 League Cups, 1 UEFA Cup
9 Newcastle Utd 11 4 League, 6 FA Cups, 1 UEFA Cup

It's possible – look how the Liverpool fans took the piss out of the Rags when they won their first PL – "come back when you've won 18" banners really come back to bite them on the arse! You never say never in football.

Short memories. We got thrashed at Leicester. They'd have beaten anyone last night. They raised their game, and scored three outstanding goals.

Regarding Liverpool, they have improved significantly on previous seasons.

Short memories. We got thrashed at Leicester. They'd have beaten anyone last night. They raised their game, and scored three outstanding goals.

The difference is the way it is reported, Pep was slaughtered by the media whereas Klopp .............

7th, 8th, looking likely to be 6th? Fair dues to them, they've overtaken West Ham and Leicester. Helped by the lack of European football and cup runs in addition to both the aforementioned teams having terrible seasons.

Is the correct answer. The more points dropped by teams in the top six - other than us of course - the better.

In any case, United could finish outside the top 4 and still get a CL spot by winning the Europa League
Should the rags come fourth and win the Europa does 5th place become a champions league spot ?

I have memories of Blackburn winning the league when I was young. I literally can't remember the last time Liverpool did.

To me, that is the story of the red dippers in a nutshell. Deluded imbeciles. And I suspect my daughter will be saying something like this in 20 years but with "Leicester" substituted for "Blackburn."

I have memories of Blackburn winning the league when I was young. I literally can't remember the last time Liverpool did.

To me, that is the story of the red dippers in a nutshell. Deluded imbeciles. And I suspect my daughter will be saying something like this in 20 years but with "Leicester" substituted for "Blackburn."
I was 4, can barely remember it. Can remember us finishing ahead of the rags the year after, that's my earliest clear memory of football and only because of the piss taking that went on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.