Liverpool 2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Liverpoool will be mightily pissed off if they don't get top 4. With no European distractions and now out of both cups it will be a poor show considering they spent money strengthening in the Summer. Still a way to go and I think Klopp is a decent manager but as others have said the squad is far weaker than they thought. We will have to see how the extra games affect us and the others in the top 4. It is going to be tough though. Other Liverpool managers have been sacked for achieving more.

I don't think he'll be sacked - not yet, anyway. But if they finish this season without CL football, and then next season as well then I'm pretty sure he'll be out of the door faster than me when work needs doing.
I'm also beginning to think now that Enrique has confirmed his departure Potchettino will eyeing up the vacancy.

I don't think he'll be sacked - not yet, anyway. But if they finish this season without CL football, and then next season as well then I'm pretty sure he'll be out of the door faster than me when work needs doing.
I'm also beginning to think now that Enrique has confirmed his departure Potchettino will eyeing up the vacancy.
Potchettino hasnt exactly achieved much with spurs so why would Barcelona be interested in him.

I picked the young lad up from school today and ran into one of the other dads. He's a Liverpool fan but not your usual red-goggled, happy-clapper.

He made a valid enough point about the sale and recruitment policy at the club over the last decade or so. He argued that from the top class players that were in the Chumps Lg team of 11 years ago, only Gerrard (and "arguably" (his opinion) Carragher) stuck around, whilst all the others went to other clubs without properly being replaced. Torres arrived and was quickly burnt out.
Then they picked up Louis the Lip (and "arguably" (again his opinion) Sterling) and both have moved on - without either being replaced by anything like the same quality.

"It's the first time since I started supporting them thirty years ago, that I look at a Liverpool team and think, there isn't one world class player amongst them".

I like him because he's at least he's brutally honest but fuckit, I couldn't help grinning from ear to ear, as he moaned so sadly.

f531b7301d07d3ebbe58f07acef31bcc.jpg

Nothing, but that doesn't mean he's not a good manager. If he can get Southampton and Spurs playing well with their resources, he may do a lot better at Barca.
I would have agreed with you a few months ago but I reckon his record in Europe will rule him out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.