Liverpool 2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Few issues, firstly we don't have owners who would spend 500+ million on a stadium. The 2 phase project to get Anfield to 59000 is costing half that. Yes, its not really enough and its basically only adding 14000 seats, but is typical of FSG, everything is done in half measures. Secondly and I might need the tin hat for saying this, but Anfield is already iconic. The club is sold to fans around the World on Anfield and the Kop, when you aren't winning trophies you need something unique and Anfield is it. It is special and World-famous, even if the reality doesn't match the legend most of the time.
Respect.

Few issues, firstly we don't have owners who would spend 500+ million on a stadium. The 2 phase project to get Anfield to 59000 is costing half that. Yes, its not really enough and its basically only adding 14000 seats, but is typical of FSG, everything is done in half measures. Secondly and I might need the tin hat for saying this, but Anfield is already iconic. The club is sold to fans around the World on Anfield and the Kop, when you aren't winning trophies you need something unique and Anfield is it. It is special and World-famous, even if the reality doesn't match the legend most of the time.

You're actually trying to tell me that Liverpool, the most famous club in history, with millions of fans around the world can't afford a new stadium? Bullshit. Your owners are cheap cunts and don't want to pay for one and it's an extremely short sighted view.
Of course Anfield is iconic, but no more than the Wembley of the North, which although it's been knocked down still holds English top flight attendance records.
Anfield is also not fit for purpose. It's a 20th century ground in a 21st century world. Other fans laugh at you when you go on about your history, especially when you're so selective about it. Anfield wasn't even your ground to start with, just like YNWA wasn't your song. Taking solace in Anfield being world famous and unique is a poor substitute for actually winning trophies.
You should stop living in the past, embrace what a new stadium with better infrastructure could bring you. You could even build it somewhere that was easy to get to and not in the middle of one of the most deprived areas of Liverpool.

Of course, a once every few years occasion of singing 'YNWA' loudly prior to kick off and waving a few flags around on those "famous Anfield European nights" doesn't quite match up to being spat on and having your coaches bricked does it.

It's like paying to see a 55 year old Madonna.

A lot of clubs have started singing a song and waving a few flags about though havent they TG? Why is that, if not to add colour and atmosphere?
And you can denigrate the "famous European nights", but they weren't just dreamed up out of nowhere.
Spitting and bricking coaches, bet there isn't a club out there where that hasn't happened.

The 2 phase project to get Anfield to 59000 is costing half that. Yes, its not really enough and its basically only adding 14000 seats, but is typical of FSG, everything is done in half measures.

Typical of FSG too, that it's made as a loan and not an investment.

You're actually trying to tell me that Liverpool, the most famous club in history, with millions of fans around the world can't afford a new stadium? Bullshit. Your owners are cheap cunts and don't want to pay for one and it's an extremely short sighted view.
Of course Anfield is iconic, but no more than the Wembley of the North, which although it's been knocked down still holds English top flight attendance records.
Anfield is also not fit for purpose. It's a 20th century ground in a 21st century world. Other fans laugh at you when you go on about your history, especially when you're so selective about it. Anfield wasn't even your ground to start with, just like YNWA wasn't your song. Taking solace in Anfield being world famous and unique is a poor substitute for actually winning trophies.
You should stop living in the past, embrace what a new stadium with better infrastructure could bring you. You could even build it somewhere that was easy to get to and not in the middle of one of the most deprived areas of Liverpool.
That's what I just said.....our owners won't do it, as they deal in half-measures, you are actually agreeing with me!!!
Anfield has been ours since Liverpool FC came into being, regardless of Everton being there. YNWA has been done too many times and I never took solace in Anfield, I said it is used to attract fans from around the World, which we still do despite not winning trophies. I go to Anfield for football not facilities to be honest, but yeah, I'm old-fashioned.

It's interesting to draw the parallels between Anfield and Fenway Park. Despite the worldwide fan base and brand recognition of the Red Sox, Fenway Park is old and its capacity will always be constrained by its location in Boston. The park has been renovated or expanded many times since 1912, resulting in quirky but ultimately unsatisfactory stadium facilities.

I work a fair bit in Boston and have been to a few Red Sox games. Fans in Boston feel frustrated that the Sox franchise is too focused on 'iconic' Fenway and its history and is not looking to take the necessary steps to build a new stadium, increase capacity and move the franchise forwards to challenge the NY Yankees in NE USA. Sites in Boston suburbs, such as Framingham, have been suggested for a new, state-of-the-art stadium. Fenway is the second smallest MLB stadium by capacity and one of only eight that cannot accommodate even 40,000 spectators.

Meanwhile, the Red Sox have their moments but flatter to deceive and fail to live up to their main rivals, the NY Yankees.

As long as your happy with your memories and mid table mediocrity you'll be happy.

No Stony, I am far from happy. I am one of those "this is our year" fans, every season I expect us to win the League. I was 22 when we last won it, I'm 48 now and every year the frustration gets worse! If we had won it in in 2014, I would have gladly given up my seasie and let the younger lot go. I've got high blood pressure because those f**kers can't win us the League...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.