Liverpool (a) - CL Quarter Final pre-match thread

Liverpool v City CL prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone please post a photo of the scoreboard with 5:0 on it from the home game?

Can’t find a photo.

They also rely on being clinical. They were exceptionally clinical in that second half against us.

Against United, for instance, not so much. Depends if their forward line put the chances away for once. Sometimes they have an off day when the pressure's on.
100% they stick one in row z and one hits the post and it's a different game. Consider the damage to the dippers tonight if we convert every second chance they would be crushed al a stoke at home.....

Eh?

He doesn’t even get in Brazil ahead of Gabby!
No thats true. I did say 'maybe' I do think its close in terms of current form and effectiveness for the respective clubs. Have been very impressed with Fermino this season.

One of my Rag mated who drinks in my local,will be wearing a City shirt tonight in my local,just to help wind the fuckers up.His brother who was a better friend of mine and a Blue,passed away some 3 years ago and Pete wears it for big City games.
Not certain I could go that far and wear a Rag top ... in fact I know I couldn`t.

Good lad but, yes, there are limits.

If we play the game not the occasion then we will win both legs . We are quite simply man for man better. Mo Salah aside there actually isn't much to scare us.
We have proved over the last eight months that we operate to a man nearer our optimal levels more often than Liverpool.

Put simply they have to raise their game by 10% across the board to compete we just have to do what we do.

In the 4-3 game aside from mistakes the big negative was a lack of game management to take the emotion out of that 10 minute orgasm of dipper emotion that their players feed on. We needed a couple of senior players to go down with a couple of tight hamstrings even make a sub. No one on field seemed to identify we were rocking. And like a boxer you perhaps need to hold and make it ugly until you recover then go again.

We will do it tonight as I say we are just better.
Spot on in terms of game management. Real and Barca both appear to be masters of the dark arts. Buy a foul, roll about a few times, break the flow of a game up, chat to the ref and slow down the taking of a free kick etc.

If we play the game not the occasion then we will win both legs . We are quite simply man for man better. Mo Salah aside there actually isn't much to scare us.
We have proved over the last eight months that we operate to a man nearer our optimal levels more often than Liverpool.

Put simply they have to raise their game by 10% across the board to compete we just have to do what we do.

In the 4-3 game aside from mistakes the big negative was a lack of game management to take the emotion out of that 10 minute orgasm of dipper emotion that their players feed on. We needed a couple of senior players to go down with a couple of tight hamstrings even make a sub. No one on field seemed to identify we were rocking. And like a boxer you perhaps need to hold and make it ugly until you recover then go again.

We will do it tonight as I say we are just better.
We'll be fine as long as the players don't get dazzled by Fimino's teeth.

London Marathon in 3 weeks - so 18 miler tonight and hopefully a pleasant surprise at the result when I get back.
Some great Churchillian posts on here, but have seen us freeze too often at anfield.
A perceieved, if irrational, hatred has a big part to play in sport and candlepool have that in spades.
I know; man up , grow some etc

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.