Liverpool (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not many have mentioned our pathetic corners and corner routine yet, just what is the point of having two players stood next to the ball, when only one player usually takes a shit corner, leaving the other doing fuck all in a hopeless position on the pitch. It's baffling to me, and is a total waste of time.
We obviously don't practice corners as well, because they are utter wank, absolutely zero threat from any of them game after game, free kicks not much better
Always flicked to the nearside of the post. Hit it hard into the middle and let the defenders have an aerial scrap.

There's a fine line and certainly when you see a Liverpool team fielding Milner and Gomez.

The first half was far too passive and gave Liverpool the belief they could hang in the game and get something.

Allison had little to do, the VAR decision probably right, although we know the decision process is open to corruption.

We didn't get close enough to goal and accomodating Gundo (again) has the impact of moving the other chess pieces, sometimes to the detriment of players starting in their best positions.

Forget all the talk about Erling, the title being in the bag.

Need to regain our momentum because Arsenal are playing without pressure still and Chelsea are hiding in the shadows.

Winnable games coming up and quite happy to lose battles, as long as we keep winning the majority of the wars.
I think we wasted the first half by playing Gundo in a more advanced position and Bernie in a deeper role. When they swapped positions in the second half you could see that the team was more balanced and we had more attacking opportunities.

It doesn't really matter whether we win at Anfield as long as we win the title. It's not possible everything to go for you: to have such a wonderful squad with the likes of KDB, Haaland, Foden, Bernardo..., Pep, 4 from 5 titles, etc. The pain we inflicted on Liverpool fans by winning a close title race twice won't be softened by our poor record at Anfield.

Think our fans get caught up in unrealistic expectations before big games. Read the pre-match threads vs Chelsea in Porto, Real in Madrid or Liverpool yesterday. A lot of completely disrespectful, pointless, big-headed comments. One predicted 5 City goals at Anfield, another wanted 10, yet another was asking when the media will start talking about us going unbeaten...

Calm down, give every team some respect, don't get too giddy, etc. etc. Difficult, I know, but as soon as I encounter such posts I know we are going to struggle. I kept telling myself yesterday we are too good this time around not to get a result and expected a narrow win. Was wrong. Arrogance gets punished again and again, even if people think there's no connection between the fan base and the results of the team. Look at United or at Liverpool. From being on the brink of winning everything last season, Liverpool went to losing the big trophies and having a terrible start to this season.

Hope we win something big with Haaland. Big names and individual records don't guarantee big trophies. It's not a given we are going to win because we have Haaland. He has the right mentality and I believe he will help us win, at least the CL.

It doesn't really matter whether we win at Anfield as long as we win the title. It's not possible everything to go for you: to have such a wonderful squad with the likes of KDB, Haaland, Foden, Bernardo..., Pep, 4 from 5 titles, etc. The pain we inflicted on Liverpool fans by winning a close title race twice won't be softened by our poor record at Anfield.

Think our fans get caught up in unrealistic expectations before big games. Read the pre-match threads vs Chelsea in Porto, Real in Madrid or Liverpool yesterday. A lot of completely disrespectful, pointless, big-headed comments. One predicted 5 City goals at Anfield, another wanted 10, yet another was asking when the media will start talking about us going unbeaten...

Calm down, give every team some respect, don't get too giddy, etc. etc. Difficult, I know, but as soon as I encounter such posts I know we are going to struggle. I kept telling myself yesterday we are too good this time around not to get a result and expected a narrow win. Was wrong. Arrogance gets punished again and again, even if people think there's no connection between the fan base and the results of the team. Look at United or at Liverpool. From being on the brink of winning everything last season, Liverpool went to losing the big trophies and having a terrible start to this season.

Hope we win something big with Haaland. Big names and individual records don't guarantee big trophies. It's not a given we are going to win because we have Haaland. He has the right mentality and I believe he will help us win, at least the CL.
They are becoming some kind of Kryptonite to us and that's not where we want to be. If we meet them at the UCL, do you think we would knock them out or would it be the other way around? That's the psychological egde they have over us. However a team like Real Madrid know that now matter how bad they are, the dippers are always going to be their blowup fuckdolls in the UCL.

I don't think we are the remotest bit scared going there or anywhere else, for that matter.

I believe Pep is, and that's the issue.

Scared is the wrong word, overly wary, setting up the team to be more cautious than normal.

As he says, the biggest teams and players can punish you in the blink of an eye, but he gave this present Liverpool team far too much respect in our own set up.

The team was more concerned with the counter than the quality we exert at the other end.
All because he’s shit scared of Salah, as they had no other threat yesterday. Oh for a top drawer left back…

I don't think we are the remotest bit scared going there or anywhere else, for that matter.

I believe Pep is, and that's the issue.

Scared is the wrong word, overly wary, setting up the team to be more cautious than normal.

As he says, the biggest teams and players can punish you in the blink of an eye, but he gave this present Liverpool team far too much respect in our own set up.

The team was more concerned with the counter than the quality we exert at the other end.
Klopp has his number,we got sucked into his type of game and Pep failed to counter it.

Finally calmed down enough to post.

Cancelo is a fucking idiot.
It’s funny how always get shouted down if you dare slag him off as a defender.

Yesterday was unreal, still beggars belief that he would take such a risk, and what’s worse is he’d already done it earlier in the game too.

The challenge by Bernardo on Salah which sent Klopp mental was not deemed a foul by Taylor. The tug on Fabinho’s shirt for the goal was far lees than that, how can that goal be chalked off when Taylor let a lot of stuff go?
Taylor DID let the Haaland shirt tug go. He was ordered by VAR to take another look meaning he had to change his decision and award a free kick. As he didn't have the balls to stick with his original decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.