Liverpool (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess one of the reasons why Pep put KDB on the right was to scare Robertson and force him to stay back. KDB plus Cancelo on the right is on paper an incredibly creative combo. Dunno why it didn't work, maybe because both have never played together there...

But if I have to go with the same tactics and formation, I'd go with Foden instead of Gundogan in midfield and Grealish on the left. Gundogan is a leader and very clever, but sometimes energy and speed are more important, especially at Anfield.

The formation was something like:

Akanji-----Dias-------Ake

Cancelo---Rodri---Bernardo

------------Gundogan

------KDB-----------Foden

-----------Haaland

I'd play instead with KDB---Foden---Grealish behind Haaland. Might be completely wrong, and I'm a Gundo fan, but Pep made a mistake with including him in that formation, IMO. If there's a ground in the world where energy and pace are much needed, it's Anfield.

Apart from roughly the first 15-20mins, where liverpool went full pelt, I think we controlled the game effectively.

We were actually cutting through their midfield with ease, the issues arose when we did just that because we opted to go backwards. Foden, should have made milner's life a misery but he was let of the hook. Klopp made elliot double up on him, but again we didn't exploit the situations enough

Liverpool committed to defending and cutting off the supply line to Haaland, for them their game plan came out on top this time round

I agree with what others have said, this game isnt the time to meddle with the formation. We should have stuck with what was working and just gone for the jugular.

The second half we lost control and played into their hands

Move on to the next game, but here's hoping that we stuff them in the reverse fixture at our gaff

If that's the case he shouldn't have bought Cancelo
We play 60 games a season, probably 90% of which are winnable with our players in 2nd gear, but when we play in a genuine test it shows our weaknesses, and Cancelo when defending is a huge weakness.

The Dippers have one, Terence Trent Derby a huge threat in attacking, a joke at defending, it was no coincidence he was left on the bench yesterday and the dippers recorded a rare clean sheet.

Observations about yesterday...

There was a time, just afew years ago when we would invariably get beaten convincingly by the Dippers at Klanfield.
That is not the case any more, OK we still have a poor win record there but they haven't beaten us convincingly in years.

We know that the PL are protecting them, every game we play against them there is some kind of weird decision or non decision that goes in their favour. Its like a handicap system to keep the dippers relevant and protect the brand. Lets be in no doubt about that.

Pep occasionally over thinks things and we lose a game because of it. It doesn't happen often but its usually big games when it does... If thats the price we have to pay to have Pep then so be it.

One could say the same about Cancelo, his defensive game can be prone to a fuck up but his attacking play more than makes up for it most of the time. I'm glad he's here.

Bernardo is fucking brilliant.

In a week when referee abuse has been in the spotlight Klopps antics (as usual) have been pathetic and he should be punished severely. Its not an isolated incident and the PL should give him a 3 match touchline ban. But they won't.

The scousers hate us so much that their spleen venting roused their aging players to a level of intensity that they havent reached this season. We live in their heads. A one off against us doesn't make them a good team or solve their underlying problems.

Milner is a ****.

This setback will probably doe us some good, its not hurt us too much and I think the players will be frustrated and a bit annoyed about coming away with nothing yet again from there. We know what usually follows a result like this so I'm looking forward to another long run of good results. Taking a defeat once in a while can be a good thing.

3 points threw away. We need a mini run now to get stabilise our position in the league. Arsenal/spurs/chavs must surly smell blood and think the league is up for grabs.

Oh, I fucking hate those jibbing cunts.

Last edited:
just watched MOTD2, decent analysis from Murphy. showed that the back 3 was a back 3 and that it left us very exposed at the back.

reminded me of when Pep lost the plot for Bayern and tried to play a back 3 against Messi and Co.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.