Liverpool (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate them more by the day. More than yesterday.

We just looked tired, in particular Ake, Akanji, Rodri and Kev, and couldn't find another gear after going 1 nil down.

It's easy to be smart in hindsight, but changes should've been made earlier to add some energy.

Think pretty much any supporter with at least a little but of knowledge saw that changes were needed as soon as they scored.

My only concern with Pep, is that he is an amazing pre game manager - likely the best in history. But his in game management is at times not up to it, which occurs in big games. It's like he freezes and is afraid to make changes to the system.

Klopp has his number,we got sucked into his type of game and Pep failed to counter it.
Not necessarily sucked into his type of game, that’s on the referee who’s spoken to both teams pre match & stated how he was gonna ref it, there can be no doubt that type of refereeing was always gonna suit the dippers & their cult more, we accepted the challenge only to have the goal posts moved when we score, can you imagine if the ref stated before the game there are no long balls allowed? We’ve seen it at anfield many times, second yellows not given because it might spoil the game (product) players allowed to rack up several fouls without punishment, Tront flagging for a taxi handball

We was unlucky yesterday and never got the decisions once again at Klanfield. Simple mistakes cost us the game we all knew if they was going to score it was going to be that ball over the top and unfortunately Cancelo made a mistake. At least we have no midweek game and get back to business on Saturday.

VAR aside......I thought we got the better of the decisions.

I'm not overly upset by the result last night. I thought we were comfortably the better team and got beat by a counterattack. Had our goal stood, we would have gone on to win by two or three.

My only gripe is that I thought we could have been more aggressive in the first half. There were a few times when Milner was there for the taking but Foden/Bernardo held the ball up and slowed the game down.

Cancelo had an off day. I'll forgive him, he's been brilliant this season.

Think pretty much any supporter with at least a little but of knowledge saw that changes were needed as soon as they scored.

My only concern with Pep, is that he is an amazing pre game manager - likely the best in history. But his in game management is at times not up to it, which occurs in big games. It's like he freezes and is afraid to make changes to the system.
Klipps subs gave them the energy to push the game across the line . Pep sat on his hands again. Baffles me how he can freeze like that.

Their goal was from a long ball, the most annoying thing about that is i think the majority of their goals against us are from that same kind of switch. We usually have 2 people back from attacks, not sure why there was only one on this occasion but it is what it is.
We knew we had an advantage over them on the left side, obviously Pep was rightly cautious of Salah against Cancelo all game but tbh we would have done more damage the other way on Milner. I know people were down on Foden not taking Milner on but they were doubling up on him and he obviously didn't have help from Ake, who's not a naturally attacking fullback. A switch should have been done mid game there imo, maybe move Ake into the middle and Akanje back out to the right.
Have Kevin on the right wasn't working either, they were picking a lot of pockets in the second half but in the first on the transitions we weren't able to move the ball the same without KDB.
All this talk from the scousers about Haaland being pocketed, absolute nonsense. He completely dominated Gomez all game and VVD managed to get last minute tackles to stop him, but he was killing them with movement. Bit of luck, a competent pack of officials and an adjustment in tactics, we would've fucking panned them.

Not many have mentioned our pathetic corners and corner routine yet, just what is the point of having two players stood next to the ball, when only one player usually takes a shit corner, leaving the other doing fuck all in a hopeless position on the pitch. It's baffling to me, and is a total waste of time.
We obviously don't practice corners as well, because they are utter wank, absolutely zero threat from any of them game after game, free kicks not much better

Only Liverpool (13) scored more goals from corners than us (12) last year.

Both Liverpool and City are in the bottom 3 for number of attacking players in the 6 yard box at corners, so there seems to be both quite a lot of practice going on and some very deliberate positioning of players.

Klopp has his number,we got sucked into his type of game and Pep failed to counter it.
100% and Pep does overthink this type of game.

Yesterday was a game we had to be in their faces from the off, put them under huge pressure, especially that back line with Milner, was he ever tested yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.