Liverpool (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Genuinely think next season we should all just meet in a pub on klanfield day, watch re runs of porridge and only fools and horses till 10pm, get pissed, go home and ignore football for a week. We all know the outcome and kid ourselves every year.

100% correct. Both play too high up the pitch when they play together then when we lose possession we get exposed on the break.

Bernardo Silva is a MUST playing centrally.
I think it’s more the fact that we don’t have speed b
You need speed to beat them.

Its a mystery what was going on out there. I never heard Pep sayit but the commentator mentioned in interview how Pep stated City had to be conscious of the long ball.

What happened to Cancelo happened to Dias earlier in the match. When you are last man you dont try and get round the player but keep goal side and hold him up.

We tried this on a few occasions basically turning the duel into a 50/50. That is not on Pep those defenders should either have doubled up or defended differently, but instead, and it happened througout the match, they were going to ground, diving in or trying to steal the ball rather than play percentages.

Latter stages of the Champs lge this will be exposed again like it is every year. Defensively the dominance of the side masks the deficiencies at the back but bites us whenever we face a top side.
Yep, we had about 4 players charging back and all Cancelo had to do was stand him up and make him control the ball with back to goal. Schoolboy stuff. Pathetic.

Oh look, a person who forbids people having an opinion. Of course he deserves criticism, do you think he is immune against it, what are you, 12?
He got his tactics wrong here, and didn’t make any subs until the 88th minute. Who the fuck does that?
Usual negative post. As for being 12? weird !

Thiago and Fabinho gets away with a lot of them. The way he tackled Rodri was red card worthy.
It was pretty clear from the replay that he slipped like nearly every other player in that part of the pitch. You could see him say he knew it was a foul. The turf gave way (which I’m sure was overwatered on purpose to give Salah a chance to do exactly what he did). I didn’t think it was a red after seeing the replay. It don’t think it would have mattered much anyhow.

Hopefully we bounce back from this because one defeat doesn't define us as a team. Also we will fucking smash them at the etihad and win the league

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.