Liverpool (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about Arsenal? They're basically city lite and they never did some weird reshuffling for their formation.

One thing with Arteta management style he goes for it from the off he doesn’t want his team to slow the game down be patient Arsenal get the ball and go out opponent’s from the of and keeps going after them!

On Pep yet again. Big game bottler. Why oh why did he not have Grealish running at Milner? KDB not being used where he’s Most influential. Our goal was definitely a foul. Hate it when our biased blinkered fans completely ignore what’s right. and how can we leave just one man at the back to defend counter attacks? Scandalous defending.
Big game bottler.
1665943971275.jpeg

Someone should have blocked Allison off from kicking long, actually a worse error than Cancelo's.

Its a mystery what was going on out there. I never heard Pep sayit but the commentator mentioned in interview how Pep stated City had to be conscious of the long ball.

What happened to Cancelo happened to Dias earlier in the match. When you are last man you dont try and get round the player but keep goal side and hold him up.

We tried this on a few occasions basically turning the duel into a 50/50. That is not on Pep those defenders should either have doubled up or defended differently, but instead, and it happened througout the match, they were going to ground, diving in or trying to steal the ball rather than play percentages.

Latter stages of the Champs lge this will be exposed again like it is every year. Defensively the dominance of the side masks the deficiencies at the back but bites us whenever we face a top side.

But the point being that the champions league doesn't go through Anfield. Not sure what your point is. If it's "would I want to play liverpool in the Midweek Cup". Then the answer is no. But then I don't like playing anyone in that fucking competition..
I dunno, I think I'm saying we could play anyone in the CL, Liverpool being one of them. We can't hope to avoid them at all costs. So if we face them we should have the bottle to bet them but I just don't feel like we have when it comes to the away game.

Tight game. It was an error that cost us. Suicidal defending from Cancelo to dive in when he was last man.

Bizarre from Taylor to stop the game when we were breaking to send Klopp off. He was letting fouls go all game until we scored also, I can see why it got disallowed but it wasn't consistent with his other decisions.

We want shooting getting beat off that shower of shit. Feels a bit like we shot ourselves in the foot by not playing to our strengths.
A forward player should have stopped Allison getting that ball away so quickly. It was obvious that they were going to look for Salah every chance they had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.