Liverpool (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The trophy was almost in our hands and he totally ruined our chance of lifting it..... A major sacrifice made by thousands of Blues to go there despite the pandemic and all we had to do was play our game... Pep fucked us over that day... Call it what you want
He is human, he got it wrong, same again today, but he is what he is, a brilliant manager who plays brilliant football and has delivered us so many trophies. His 90% good outweighs the 10% bad

Sure it would have been disallowed if they scored it against us.
Like the Milners 2nd yellow and penalty that was "missed" last season and not picked up by VAR.
Subjective mate unfortunately, we will never know but I’d have expected it to have been given as a free kick if goal against us.

We hear why pep doesn’t like to make subs but sometimes especially at Anfield you got to throw in 3 subs when you go behind alverez Grealish and palmer but pep brings one on on the 89th minute waste of time but it’s pep we all settled for this for!

What's people forget is that Liverpool are scared stiff about playing City. Our recent record against Liverpool away is won 1, drawn 1, lost1 and we have a very good home record against them.
Fair point. Makes it feel less erm....dreadful. But we might have a home 0-0 against them then need to win there and I worry we won't be as up for it as them.

Pretty much calmed down now, but can't stop wondering why Pep changes fuck all when a blind man can see we're not doing anything and never will. He lets it go to crazy extremes deep into the game when we just aren't doing a fucking thing and he still persists with it. It's like head-butting a wall and expecting the wall to come down when everyone can see it's only your head that's getting smashed, but he keeps going.

Subs on 88th minute was beyond comprehension. This game was shades of the Chelsea CL final all over again, which was also criminal. Nothing working in any way, yet he persists and persists with the same shit to the end. Maybe he's secretly as arrogant as fuck, and believes his plan is THE ONLY WAY regardless of how it's panning out.

I dunno. I'm just amazed Klipperty has got Peps number every single frickin' time. After all these games against them too, home and away, same shit. You would at least expect after going 1-0 down he would have said "OK lads, everyone revert to your normal positions and playing style and go for it".

We had plenty of possession but did very little with it. We played within ourselves, far too cautious. We are lacking recovery pace at the back, which leaves us exposed to the counter, or the big hoof to pacy players. Salah, Saint Maximin for example.

Our passing throughout the game was ‘safe’, keep possession at all costs. So many opportunities to run at their fullbacks were not taken. Phil continually passing back was frustrating, but probably this was the instruction. Kev far to peripheral today, the game was too frantic for Gundogan who should have been hooked, Kev back to midfield and Grealish on the left, Phil to the right.

We seem to be unable to deal with teams who play a physical, fast paced, high pressure game. Cancelo was shockingly bad, the goal was down to him; and he nearly repeated the same error. We don’t half miss Walker when he’s not there. The disallowed goal summed Anfield up for me, yes he had hold of his shirt, but Fabinho was already falling and fouling Haaland, 6 of one & half a dozen of the other. He clearly saw everything and waved play on; so why didn’t he stand by his initial call? Cowardice,

We’ve got a long 6 days to stew over this and we need to get bang on it immediately. I’m sure we will

Absolutely fuming.

Played like cowards. Defended like clowns.

KDB and Gundogan were abysmal. How we didn’t get at their right side is beyond me.

Cancelo a defensive liability. His worst game in a City shirt and I thought that would be impossible after Madrid. Cost us in a massive game.

One man back on a transition was baffling. Let alone Cancelo. So pissed off at Pep and the team tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.