Liverpool (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Klopp got the better of Pep again by playing to the strengths of his weakened team. Pep didn't counter their weaknesses.
Klopp made the right subs at the right time. Pep didn't.
We looked stationary as they sped around the pitch.
Nunez was the right sub . . . for us. Could have been 3 or 4 for them had that bonehead not been on.

Under orders... surely

I'll never forgive Pep for the Porto final... Today felt the same, change the team for Liverpool.. All it did was send the message "we're scared of you"
You know you forgive him everytime we win the league because I do too. The porto final was a massive fuck up. Everyone knows this. Just like today he did it again but we'll forgive him coz he's not perfect and it wouldn't be fun if we were. We still play this incredible football because of him.

That was by far and away the worst Liverpool team we have faced in the last 6 years. They were that shit we looked half arsed and were rushing everything.

Sadly a very poor performance emphasised by Joe Gomez / Milner being player of the match. Those two should have been targeted and shredded.
Just remember we made ashley Young look great.

Walker is great on the recovery but often these balls were to feet, head. We just needed defenders who could defend properly. Dias was all over the show as well today. Guys form has dropped of a cliff.
Cancelo needed to be alot stronger than he showed. I will praise him when he plays well but second half today his game just fell apart.

What was Pep's approach / plan? I have no idea

Now I have to sit with SWMBO (dipper) and stay polite
The plan was to keep their left back and midfield struggling and pinned back and overloaded, and put our best crossers of the ball, KDB and Cancelo, in the space that would emerge because of it. Gundogan and Bernie in the middle could make runs into the box while their centre backs were occupied with Haaland.

They didn’t outplay us but Klopp certainly outsmarted Pep today. I mean that in the sense that his tactical approach paid off and Pep’s didn’t.

Every man and his dog knows that Liverpool play the long ball, fast counter against us. Yet a situation panned out where a long ball put Salah in a one v one position with Cancelo. The whole situation was naive/amateurish play.

In fact, if Liverpool were more clinical they could have put 3 or 4 past us.
Outsmarted is a bit of a stretch. Liverpool played the way they always do against everyone, not just us. We played the way we normally do but were just a little off our normal levels.
There's things we could have done to stop their goal and didn't and they were lucky that Darren England was on VAR again to stop our goal. We had chances to go 2, 3 or 4 goals up but they just didn't go in as happens sometimes.
If we were more clinical we'd have put more than one past Liverpool and scored 4 or 5 if we're going down the could have done route.

Well i don't think we should hide for anyone in relation to this one fixture. That's our problem at City. Too much cowering behind fears of Liverpool at Anfield. It reaches the players and management. The management have bought into the fear. Big difference between fear and respect. Today this was all too evident by the tactics particularly after they scored. Caution can work in a difficult situation but when you are losing something else has to be done. Pep doesn't react quickly and bravely so he doesnt change things up. His stubborn attitude can be indicative of fear. How many times did we hear that they were there for the taking.
Who said anything about hiding? I won't be hiding from anyone. Lots of Liverpool fans in work tomorrow, but I'll be in as usual. I just don't want to read the mass scouse love in that's on the way. As for Harris, Delaney, Panja etc etc, I can imagine what they're going to be like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.