Liverpool (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not by beating Liverpool we haven't though. Semi final CL game this year, we play Liverpool, you'd groan at the thought.
What's people forget is that Liverpool are scared stiff about playing City. Our recent record against Liverpool away is won 1, drawn 1, lost1 and we have a very good home record against them.

Pep always tries to be counterintuitive.

They have their weakest squad out, especially at the fullback position so he stops us attacking their fullbacks and makes us go narrow.

Grealish been playing well and would have got at Milner, so he benches him.

Plays people out of postion too, KDB out right. Foden has been playing great on the right, so he moves him to the left and has him stopping and passing back. Cancelo been playing well on the left, so he puts him on the right.

Why, oh why, does he continually change winning formulas for the big games??

He seems to be so scared of the opposition rather than just believing in our own strengths.

Going off league position it would be akin to losing against any other team. It's not the loss it's the fact we can't seem to gain enough bottle to beat these fuckers at Anfield. You can win the league losing a few games but you won't ever win the CL if you can't get over this hurdle.
I'm not even sure what the CL has to do with today. Unless some of you guys are saying pep is the wrong manager for us...... which is bonkers tbh.

Who leaves a player like Salah marked one on one
Ask the captain. Understandable if its the last minute and were 1-0 down but that decision cost us the game. Cancelo probably got the job as Ake, Dias etc had been turned so often the passed the buck.

We played okay today; thought a draw would have been fair result. Not sure Pep changed much today. He definitely had blind spot in Porto v Chelsea and v Lyon but otherwise I think he’s got most matches pretty much bang on. We operate in very rarified fields these days so any defeat seems an aberration.
Didn’t change much??? Did you not watch the game, lol. 3 at the back and Cancelo and Foden wing backs with Kev pushed out wide inside right. Bizarre formation that didnt work one iota.

I keep reading this but it simply isn’t true. He’s had one great game this season when he ran at defenders and terrorised then. In the next game he reverted to stop, turn and pass back.

If Foden wasn’t prepared to run at Milner it’s probably because he was under orders, the same orders Grealish would have been under.

Besides that, if you play Grealish who are you leaving out, Foden ? If you leave out Gundo or Bernie you completely change the setup.
I leave out Gundo. I love gundo, but i leave him out. We have to have 2 wide men. Its about the best system, the best team. Foden right, Grealish left. Bern, Kev, Rod.

Its a bright thing in the sky that daft people look at. Clappers seem mesmerised by its mere presence no matter how old they are.

After all its the moon.
So the moon, in your view, is 4 out of 5 Premier League trophies?

Hate, hate, hate losing to them but let's face it todays result was largely our own doing not them being great.

I don't believe Cancelo will ever play this bad again - it's one thing making a poor error but before & after it he literally couldn't do anything right. My only disappointment was that some players didn't have the fire that Bernardo showed, in other words we let them bully us. Erling is allowed a quiet game now and then. He actually showed some really good touches for the link up which added to his goal scoring feats is very positive.

Strange one was Eddie had a great game yet this season he seems reluctant to release attacks quickly - I can't tell if that is a direct instruction or just him not being as confident but he made some excellent saves.

I would have brought Jack on - yes a risk but this was a game he was made for - he would have had them trying to kick him all game and left space for others to exploit. Gundo was too passive and whereas I love the control he gives us I felt today there were times when the game was passing him by.

Bernardo squaring up to the entire Scouse team was a thing of beauty - but fellas get involved and stand by your teammate. Robertson and Fabinho are twats but I'm now adding Salah and the rest of them to the players I despise the most in the PL - horrible club, horrible fans, horrible manager end of.

Finally I'm not going to over react to one game and I do still think there is a gulf between us but we let Klopps mind games directly effect our way of playing. We were always going to lose a game but I fully expect this hurt them and our players to react perfectly.

BTW Pep is ace and I don't care who he picks we are the luckiest fans in football having him as our gaffer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.