Liverpool (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

Arsenal were 6 points clear at this stage last season. I think we're feeling it more because there was nobody else in it then, this time we have Liverpool to content with too. But they'll burn out if they keep playing at 110% every week, and while Arsenal are looking strong they actually have less points than they had at this stage.

This season we're one point worse off but have lost one game less so still looks pretty good to me.
Last season means fuck all

This season we need to take one or two more points than Liverpool and Arsenal over the course of 10 games

The fixtures are broadly similar , I really fancy it now - which is why I would have snapped your hand off for a point before the game

The weakest link in Liverpool's team was the right side of their defence (two youngsters), and we did little to create chances from there before subbing in Doku. Foden should have started on the left wing and Alvarez, or better Nunes, on the right wing.

We made a similar mistake last season when Milner played at RB and we created nothing from his side.

The current construction of our midfield is not good enough in the big games. The absence of Gundo and Grealish leaves us a bit lightweight in midfield.

Stones does really well for a CB but he isn't a proper midfielder. He should be behind or next to Rodri in big games, not ahead of him, as there is too much space for the opposition to run into.

Another problem today was that Bernardo isn't in top form right now.

On paper we had a much better team today. But Kevin and Haaland are understandably a bit inconsistent after the injuries, Bernardo isn't in top form either, Alvarez isn't a natural option on the left, some of our defenders are still making mistakes...

So, it's vital that all of Haaland, KDB, Bernardo and Grealish hit form after the international break. Will be difficult to win trophies without them playing at their best. Also, the new players should contribute more, the likes of Gvardiol, Kocacic, Nunes and Doku.
Normally, Bernie grasps these games v them..this year, he just seems like he wants out more than anything. Shame that the burden of playing for the best team in the league weighs so heavily on many..i think we are 5 - 6 players down from treble winning squad

From 5 games vs City, Arsenal and United Liverpool have won 4 pts.

United are poor but it's not guaranteed that Liverpool will win at Old Trafford.

United were worse in 2019 when they drew 0:0 with a better Liverpool team at home (that draw helped us win the title then).

It's not optimal that other teams should help us but the only thing that matters is to be top after 38 games.

If we win vs Arsenal, we'll win the title. If we fail to win, it will be difficult.

I'm always staggered when I see that comment. Top teams drop points in the run in every season. I could understand it with 3 games to go but there are 30 points to play for FFS!
You confident that that we don’t drop more points either
Our run in is a lot harder than theirs
Just think we scaled the heights last season and we’re now feeling it
Losing Gundo and Mahrez and not adequately replacing them is taking its toll
We’re still good, don’t get me wrong, but there’s an extra team in this years title race we have to contend with, which we’ve never had to do before

dippers win with ease next game and go 4 points clear on us and sit back and watch us take on Arse

are we good enough to beat Arse at home? sure
not if many players play like today tho.
but we didnt beat any of dippers, spurs, chelsea at home, neither arse in the community shield game or at Emirates.

its really a big test Arse home and Spurs away, huge tests. no way we can win the title by not beating any of spurs, chelsea, dippers, Arse once a season in PL.

That was shit to be honest and this shoehorning Alvarez in has to stop asap! Kovacic should have started but with their injuries currently and us going one up that really was a truly shit performance again at that fucking ground! We should have been putting them to the sword but again our big players done nothing besides Kev taking that corner. Lucky at the end as well but this team isn’t firing at all and in current form the Arse will fancy taking us apart
It was always shit when we don’t win, but I disagree that it was a shit performance. They adjusted after we kept carving them open in first 15. Second half their midfield ran their bollocks off. So is that us being shit or them pushing their physical capacity to the limit?

One of those days. We didn’t give them 3 points & I have a feeling they will regret that more than us.

It feels like every season we are saying the same thing on here & then forgetting we come off the bend flying. We didn’t lose, we’re on their shoulders, Arsenal to come at home. Nothing to be despondent about.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.