Liverpool (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

He meant the atmosphere. It's a fair point, we should have come out and strangled them for 10 minutes and instead we gave them a stupid penalty and then were up against it for 25 minutes until Kova came on.
So, what you’re saying is no team should ever have the temerity to take the lead against the bin dippers on their hallowed turf famous for European nights, nights under the floodlights etc etc

Okkkkey dokey

We might win every game but that still won't guarantee we win the league.
liverpool will feel that today was the winning of the league for them.
We have to play arsenal whereas they don't.
Like ourselves , arsenal and liverpool are grinding out results.
I just can't see any of the top 3 fading away before now and the end of the season.
I can probably say with 99.9% certainty that winning every game will win us the league. It would put Arsenal out of the equation because they would be behind us and Liverpool won't win 30 points from 30 with a patched up team. They've ragged late (90+ minute) goals 8 times this season and if they play every game like they did today at 100mph they'll burn out. It's probably why they have so many injuries. VERY few top 3 teams win the last half dozen games of the season and I still think we'll be favorites if we lose the Arsenal match.

From 5 games vs City, Arsenal and United Liverpool have won 4 pts.

United are poor but it's not guaranteed that Liverpool will win at Old Trafford.

United were worse in 2019 when they drew 0:0 with a better Liverpool team at home (that draw helped us win the title then).

It's not optimal that other teams should help us but the only thing that matters is to be top after 38 games.

If we win vs Arsenal, we'll win the title. If we fail to win, it will be difficult.
With the team spirit the dippers have got at the moment, they won’t be dropping any points this time soon

So, what you’re saying is no team should ever have the temerity to take the lead against the bin dippers on their hallowed turf famous for European nights, nights under the floodlights etc etc

Okkkkey dokey
Aye, pal, you got me, that's exactly what I was saying. Give me strength.

Was anybody else shocked by the dippers energy levels especially second half?? It was truly bizzarre, honestly never seen anything like it.
inhalers mate, inhalers
Seriously though they fed off the crowd. As much I hate them they were loud today.

Akanji did nothing wrong. Dias is a bit slow for Nunez.

Bernardo was average for his standards but even when he plays like that he is far more likely to keep the ball rolling than the front 4 (Haaland Kevin, Foden and Alvarez). Our main problem was we struggled to keep the ball. Subbing Bernardo off wasn't going to help us solve the problem.
I don't think Akanji was a problem and understand he has pace, i just think Dias is more solid defensively and more a leader back there and we needed that today.

The game was too fast for us and we just couldn't control the game.

As said, I think Bernardo had an off game and when Kev went off it boosted them, i would've kept him on for his presence alone.

We got away with that one today as that was a clear penalty imo. I guess it's one of those "karma" things in football and Liverpool have been on the end of lucky decisions lately in the league.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.