Liverpool (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

Not playing Dias, a treble winning lynch pin, a leader, an organiser, intelligent, great in the air etc.etc. in a game of that magnitude and intensity....??
99.99% of the time Pep is of course bob on and has the trophies and records to prove it - but....
I know he was doing his "so, so proud" of his players act last week. But you do wonder if Dias's omission was collateral damage of him having the audacity to speak out about Tront Simpleton.
We've seen how he doesn't appreciate the input of others - telling no. 2's to sit back down, his face when Delph was saying his piece, the "sit down, nobody talk". What makes him great I guess - but once in a while......
I bet the players felt a bit like "what no Dias?" too.
I agree 1000%...Akanji should be in first 11...at Walker's expense...

Yes mate
But what about the times he's gone missing " BY HIS STANDARDS ".
I'm not alone in that thought.
So don't say ridiculous.
And a lot of them was last season "mate'
are you having a stroke? whats with the mate

Walker must have agreed a deal with Pep this season given how much game time he has had compared to last season.
i cant decide if walker was any good yesterday. got back well to stop some counters but equally we were at times wide open in right side of defence.

think i need to rewatch the game without being so stressed

I agree 1000%...Akanji should be in first 11...at Walker's expense...

Or at Ake's expense....

Walker was better than Ake vs both United and Liverpool. And Akanji can play at LB, as he showed in both legs vs Real last season and vs Brentford recently.

One of the strangest myths on bluemoon is that Ake makes fewer mistakes than the other defenders, given that he has made more this season, and in big games at that.

Or at Ake's expense....

Walker was better than Ake vs both United and Liverpool. And Akanji can play at LB, as he showed in both legs vs Real last season and vs Brentford recently.

One of the strangest myths on bluemoon is that Ake makes fewer mistakes than the other defenders, given that he has made more this season, and in big games at that.
An option, but I'm going with the guy who proved himself in the CL final. Ake has been a tad wobbly at times but still more reliable than Walker all told...

An option, but I'm going with the guy who proved himself in the CL final. Ake has been a tad wobbly at times but still more reliable than Walker all told...

I'm not Walker's biggest fan. Imo, Ake is much more likeable. Pep and fans love him for a reason. But our team lacks a bit of pace and Walker and Akanji are quicker, especially in this new formation featuring many attacking-minded players.

BTW, our defence vs Real, in both legs, was Walker, Dias, Stones and Akanji. Wasn't bad at all.

Or at Ake's expense....

Agree. Either of them are replaceable in the side for me. However, Dias and Gvardiol have not really done themselves any favours this season so probably why both Walker and Ake are still getting picked every week. Ake hasn’t been great recently for me yet still regularly makes the top 3 players in the man of the match voting.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.