Liverpool (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

It's not the fault of the players - agreed. They can only do what they can. Obviously good players - but good enough? Nobody's "blaming" the player - more questioning why they were bought.
Yes, I think we’re probably on the same page? I don’t necessarily think squad players are bad. We need some to fill out those Luton games and a Copenhagen dead rubber. And because we’re City, our squad players are going to be more $$$. But the players we bought are not game changers - I assume Txiki knows that. And maybe it didn’t matter or maybe the players he wanted weren’t available. The Croatians don’t really play in “come on at 80 minutes and change the outcome” positions. Doku is 21 and presumably that’s a lot to expect based on his history. And admittedly I don’t know enough about Nunes. If we had gotten one “game changer” then suddenly we see all the other signings in a totally different light imo. I still think our players could have won the game today!

We drew, hardest game of the season, good result
Assuming you didn't take note of their starting 11? They had 5/6 of their strongest 11 missing against us pretty much full strength with most key players rested mid week whilst they played thursday night and still outran us second half. Its not a good result at all. They were there to be beaten and none of our big players stepped up, its beyond a joke how little mentality we showed for a team who are current treble winners and world champions.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.