Liverpool (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

For anyone bemoaning the standards of our football I'm off to watch Lincoln City tonight in a League 1 game (v Cambridge United) just to remind myself of the days when we used to go home and away (some shocking away grounds) to watch City in the old Div 2 and watch some truly awful football.

Last time I was at Lincoln City was the 4-1 away win in the League Cup (1996). We've come a long way since then.
I had the 'pleasure' of going to the match there in the old 2nd (real 3rd)Division .
I was having quite a nice day, staying with a mate who had moved to Lincoln, had a few beers etc... Things took a real turn for the worse when the 'football 'started unfortunately. That performance really was unbelievably, truly shit (though we had a very memorable end to that season didn't we!)
We didn't play great on Sunday and maybe we turned in one of our typical 'Anfield performances' and it did feel like a chance wasted against a team that seemed to be 'there for the taking'. However you are right, a point at Anfield on Sunday didn't really seem quite as desperate as that defeat back in 98!!

Do you believe 3/4 of their squad is asthmatic?
There's not a squad on the planet that runs around so manically as Bingo's as he has few other options. To physically do that in the PL means pushing the boundaries, even more so in 4 comps. It all comes crashing down the following season as there's only so far you can get on inhalers
Dead right. Win a title one season 'n Europa at best the season after.

For anyone bemoaning the standards of our football I'm off to watch Lincoln City tonight in a League 1 game (v Cambridge United) just to remind myself of the days when we used to go home and away (some shocking away grounds) to watch City in the old Div 2 and watch some truly awful football.

Last time I was at Lincoln City was the 4-1 away win in the League Cup (1996). We've come a long way since then.
Oh, THAT grisly night. Shudders...

Big mistake starting Alvarez. He was excellent coming on v rags tbf but apart from a few occassions and the unreal standards / expectations he has from everyone and surely himself too, has been pretty fuking poor this season.

Kova should have been in middle with Rodri who looked completely fuked. Their pressing was horrendous for 100mins. Think we will change things up alot in the summer . . .

I had the 'pleasure' of going to the match there in the old 2nd (real 3rd)Division .
I was having quite a nice day, staying with a mate who had moved to Lincoln, had a few beers etc... Things took a real turn for the worse when the 'football 'started unfortunately. That performance really was unbelievably, truly shit (though we had a very memorable end to that season didn't we!)
We didn't play great on Sunday and maybe we turned in one of our typical 'Anfield performances' and it did feel like a chance wasted against a team that seemed to be 'there for the taking'. However you are right, a point at Anfield on Sunday didn't really seem quite as desperate as that defeat back in 98!!
I think the media and one or two blues should realise most clubs would be more than happy to have our record at Anfield over the last few seasons. The media are deliberately creating a false narrative over our so-called poor record there to fit in with all the 'what do (insert name of team) have to do to beat City'.

I think the media and one or two blues should realise most clubs would be more than happy to have our record at Anfield over the last few seasons. The media are deliberately creating a false narrative over our so-called poor record there to fit in with all the 'what do (insert name of team) have to do to beat City'.
Quite right , in the last 12 PL meetings we've lost just two , admittedly both at Anfield

Having to jump up to supposedly celebrate scoring a penalty in home end at Wycombe was a particularly low point in memory . . .

Having to jump up to supposedly celebrate scoring a penalty in home end at Wycombe was a particularly low point in memory . . .

That's why terraces were always better, if you mistakenly found yourself in the home fanatics' stand. You were already standing. You somehow had to raise a sickly smile, but that was all.

I've watched the Doku penalty incident about 100 times today. I'm still unsure.

And that is probably why var has stayed with the on field decision . Flipping close though. I do wonder how I would feel if that was Robertson on Foden....

What I am sure about is the indecision to head the thing in the first place was mental.
Very true, to educated football fans it was never a pen but even if it was, it’s not so long ago Milner wiped out Ickle Phil in the very same box and nothing was given for a stonewaller so we deserved a break despite what the LFC media attack dogs say

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.