Liverpool (A) Post Match Thread

Some dickheads on rawk saying we parked the bus - to me parking the bus is stringing 7 men across the 18 yard box for 90 minutes - a tactic we have seen many times in our home games - what we did was control the tempo from the start for virtually the entire game - there’s a big difference between the two

Does parking the bus also include enjoying more possession?

Hmm, can't have it both ways, deluded fuckers.

Find it hilarious that all the scouse press are towing the line that all we did was pay them a massive complement. Not that Pep sussed out how to successfully shut them out the game at their own griubd, whilst creating the best goalscoring chances even though we didnt create the usual amount, and klopp for all his hype didnt have a clue how to change it

Pathetic bubble they live in
They have improved defensively this season but at the expense of a reduction in the threat going forward. The last four games has left them
with a lot of thinking to do and a significant element of self doubt must be starting to sink in. I felt we deserved the three points on the balance of play
and really should have grabbed our chance to take them. If the scouse press and supporters think that was a classic park the bus job they are even more deluded than I thought.

For two seasons a stick to beat Pep with was his unwillingness to adapt tactics to an opponent, just playing all out attack every game. Dunphy and Giles in particular in Ireland were scathing. Heard Giles last night say how sad he was that Pep took a step backwards and was afraid of Klopp. I despair, damned if you do or don't.

We simply tempered ourselves back a small bit, played some lovely football and defended well. Only difference this time was that the individual errors that haunted us in the last two trips didn't happen near our goal, but theirs. Pens get missed, on we move and score the next one.

For two seasons a stick to beat Pep with was his unwillingness to adapt tactics to an opponent, just playing all out attack every game. Dunphy and Giles in particular in Ireland were scathing. Heard Giles last night say how sad he was that Pep took a step backwards and was afraid of Klopp. I despair, damned if you do or don't.

We simply tempered ourselves back a small bit, played some lovely football and defended well. Only difference this time was that the individual errors that haunted us in the last two trips didn't happen near our goal, but theirs. Pens get missed, on we move and score the next one.
Absolutely spot on mate - great post - all great managers employ flexible tactics at times - and the really top ones can improvise without sacrificing their principles

Giles is going senile. He probably doesn’t remember what he said last season and for the love of God, don’t watch anything with Dunphy on it.
Above all else don’t listen to him.

I still feel gutted when i think of that missed pen

I still feel gutted when i think of that missed pen

Yes I was over it pretty quickly as I was just delighted not to get beat as usual at Anfield. As time has gone on I have felt more disappointed. We played an almost perfect game and to get a penalty with five minutes to go was the dream. Little chance for them to come back and a win would have put us three points clear of them and two at the top of the table. A bit of a gutter but we are still in a strong position.

Find it hilarious that all the scouse press are towing the line that all we did was pay them a massive complement. Not that Pep sussed out how to successfully shut them out the game at their own griubd, whilst creating the best goalscoring chances even though we didnt create the usual amount, and klopp for all his hype didnt have a clue how to change it

Pathetic bubble they live in
Good post.I expect nothing less from anything connected with the scumbags. Pep clearly came out on top in terms of tactics. They were lucky to get the point.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.