Liverpool (A) Post Match Thread

Would Eddy have scored the pen? I fucking think so, he owes them one from last season.

More so the Anfield winless run. I think they thought Liverpool are better than what they are

It's obvious given what happened last season and our general record in general. But, we really matched them in intensity and nullified their front 3. It's okay to start slow against Liverpool and gain control later on. We will take them on at the Etihad with full confidence.

Pretty sure Pep has said before that the players on the pitch decide who takes penalties, he doesn't interfere.

Can imagine Mahrez will be told to fuck off if he tries to grab the ball again.

Good point all the same.
Well Pep lied. He interfered

A surprisingly boring game of football.

Mahrez’s selfishness aside, I believe we paid Liverpool too much respect.

It was a fantastic opportunity to finally win at Anfield and we blew it.

On a brighter note, I thought Stones, Laporte and Bernardo all had good games.

Peps decision. The draw is on him not that it effects anything though

My heart sank the moment I realized Mahrez was going to take that penalty, it should have been Jesus, if I was Jesus, I would be well pissed off.

Mahrez also hangs onto the ball for far too long, there were at least two chances he had in the second half to slip a ball across the penalty area, but both times he held on and tried to over complicate things, he's too much of a fancy dan, "look at me" type of player, he needs to think of the team around him and not just himself all the time.

Can’t bring myself to be too critical of Mahrez for taking the pen. Shit execution, but not like we had many other great options - Jesus is hardly Balotelli.
Disappointing, I suppose, given the way the game played out. But fuck me, I’d have taken a point at kick-off

Mahrez's penalty just went past my window

I believe it's due to fly past the ISS about 9 minutes from now.

Chris Waddle eat your heart out.

We needed a big thumper to hit that and for it to stay hit... Walker, LaPorte, Mendy, I'd have backed them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.