Liverpool (A) Post Match Thread

I still don't like the Sterling + Mahrez combination. We just lose all of our width, especially against a decent team where Mendy and Walker can't push on too much.

Would have been happy with the result but that was our golden chance to break the Anfield curse and slap their title talk into the ground giving us a 2pt lead at the top of the table. No excuses for Mahrez. I would usually sympathise but he knows his record and it confirms to me what his issue has been since he signed - he thinks he needs to prove himself and is trying too hard. He needs to play for the team and settle down. Jesus was the striker and was ready to take it. He might not have scored but Mahrez with his record should never volunteer again.

Sadly, though Mahrez is a great player, I don’t think he’s a City player. He hasn’t got enough energy about him. We see the two Silva’s buzzing about all over the place and Sterling and Sane but in comparison Mahrez floats around at his own pace with little or no enthusiasm.

Hopefully he’ll prove me wrong but he appears to be too individualistic for our side.

Proud of the team, we played well & should have won , tough on Mahrez but he’s a City player so we should accept his mistake.

I sincerely hope he comes good but my own personal view on Mahrez so far is a bit 'meh'.

I can't believe the amount of flak Mahrez is getting. I honestly think he played quite well. The game was very tense and both sides were afraid to make mistakes. Mahrez is our only player who had shots on target!!! Yes he missed the Penalty but it could have happened to Jesus or anyone else. Mahrez will come good but we need to have his back. Support him now cause I am sure he feels terrible for the miss! It's so easy for some on here to just start saying things like Mahrez needs to be dropped, Mahrez was a bad signing!! WTF!!!

He will come good and become a very important player for us and many of you here will eat their words!

Overall the game was tight and I am very happy with the draw. In all honestly it was going to be harsh for any side to win it over one goal cause Even Liverpool did not have a single decent shot on target which means our defence was excellent!! Sterling and Mahrez tried everything but the game was very tight! So for all those who are saying 2 points dropped, I would say 1 point gained at the KOP!!!

And lay off Mahrez and start supporting your players in the good times and the bad times. It was actually Pep who told Mahrez to take it so Pep made the decision.

Same people would have slaughtered Jesus or aguero if they missed
Shocking penalty but he played a good game

This is on Pep. He fucked up. Gabriel might have missed. But Pep ruined his confidence.

Riyad had no interest in the Property. Was walking away when Mendy ran all the way ovro with instructions and literally pushed Mahrez, reluctantly, to go take it.

That has to be the dumbest decision ever made by Pep.
Stones has just said it was the players' decision. Looks like you got all angry for nothing.

I still don't like the Sterling + Mahrez combination. We just lose all of our width, especially against a decent team where Mendy and Walker can't push on too much.

Sterling on the left is about 50% as effective as Sterling on the right. Sane has to be trusted to back up Mendy on the left if that is the reason he was left out today.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.