Liverpool (A) Post Match Thread

saying on the tv that the instruction for Mharez to take it came from the bench! saying that gabby aint great at penalties either so it was a bit of a lottery but he should at least hit the target and make the keeper save it
Absolutely.

No excuse for skying it when on 150k per week. I’d have done better if I hit it with my fucking arse.

I thought Mahrez played pretty well tbh, can’t fault him for taking the pen but his head went when he decided to blast it. He’s got such a cultured left foot, but that’s pressure for you.

Spot on.

I thought Mahrez had a good game, created a few chances for himself and drew out a few saves. Bar the penalty miss I can see him becoming better.

Taking the penalty despite his record is a show of character, I guess.

What a chance to stop the Anfield love fest from the media. I guess a point is better than last year but really Mahrez needs to seriously up his game, he was ok but we should play Sane and Sterling as first choice for a bit. 60million does buy you quality but that was a big moment and he didn't even make the keeper work. BTW Mendy is a fine penalty taker and I am gutted there was a lack of plan in place once Sergio went off. As I said we would have taken a point but a big opportunity fluffed by about thirty feet. Other positives, Stones and Laporte looked immense.

Bernardo, Stones and Laporte all brilliant, have to start every game from now on. Still feels like a defeat though

First time I can remember when we had the ball no one was ahead of the man running until the last ten minutes or so. Sane on earlier we may have won it but a draw there is a good result, still top.

Missed opportunity with the penalty miss but I’d have taken a point before kickoff. Mahrez needs a slap - should have been David or Bernardo - missing 5 of last 8 is shocking.

Still top of the league.

Ooooooh, not David. I can still see the last one he took. i don't know whether it actually reached the goal line. I'd have had Eddie! He'll know Alice inside out!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.