Liverpool (A) Post Match Thread

City controlled 75% of that game and compared to previous games at that place, this was a big step up. Progress. Well done Pep and team for a mature performance. My favourite bit about that result: Liverpool nil. Happy. Oh yeah and Raheem Sterling, he's .... you know the rest

your having a laugh ain't you beside the penalty he had a good game a lot better than sterling.

Unfortunately not laughing here my friend. Are you having a laugh?

*Whoscored.com gave Mahrez 6.1, and Sterling 6.4.

Mahrez had a few good moments, and quite a few poor moments. One that cost us 2 points. You can't ignore the biggest moment of the match. Although Sterling admittedly didn't set the pitch on fire he was better than Mahrez for sure.

Difficult 1st ten minutes but after that, defended really well and worked very hard all over the pitch, well, most players did.
Another anonymous showing from Sterling, poor at Hoffenheim and poor again here today. Despite being hauled off yet again at Anfield he will still be the 93-20 Podcast MOTM. Far too inconsistent, needs to get his undoubted talent in gear on a far more regular basis.
Kun was poor as well, running up blind alleys, couldn't find another City player with his passes....offered nothing.
Dreadful penalty from Mahrez, keeper might even have saved it had it been on target as he went the right way and the right height.
Laporte and Stones both very good. Sane came on and looked threatening, should have started ahead of Sterling.
David and Bernando came on strong in the 2nd half and looked good.
Gabriel Jesus, well...you're a professional football player so you should be aware now of the offside rule and how it works.
60 minutes onwards I really really thought we were going to sneak it as Liverpool offered very little upfront and we were starting to look dangerous.
Judging by the look on Pep's face when the Sky person told him Mahrez has missed 5 of his last 8 penalties, "no", he was not aware of his poor record.
Ederson needs to get his bearings right, his foolish run out when that ball was flighted over to Salah in the 2nd half could have cost us.
Darn it, should have won this one and put them right in their place.

That’s a really good point. If Vinny was on the pitch you feel that the there would have been one, definite, go-to player that would have been given the ball. Gabby looked confident and up for it: what was Mahrez doing? And in such a big game too? Mahrez wasn’t a City standard player before he came to us and he’s definitely not a City standard player now. My personal opinion, but he’s a one-trick-pony who is painfully and unfortunately for us, now evidentially not good enough to wear the shirt. He didn’t even make the goalkeeper work for a save. Absolute disgrace.

Shit penalty aside,he played alright I thought.
Can't understand why blues are writing off a former player of the year when he's barely played at the club yet.
He deserves patience same as Bernardo,Sane,Sterling all got at the start of their City careers.

That’s a really good point. If Vinny was on the pitch you feel that the there would have been one, definite, go-to player that would have been given the ball. Gabby looked confident and up for it: what was Mahrez doing? And in such a big game too? Mahrez wasn’t a City standard player before he came to us and he’s definitely not a City standard player now. My personal opinion, but he’s a one-trick-pony who is painfully and unfortunately for us, now evidentially not good enough to wear the shirt. He didn’t even make the goalkeeper work for a save. Absolute disgrace.

Deary me.....

Shit penalty aside,he played alright I thought.
Can't understand why blues are writing off a former player of the year when he's barely played at the club yet.
He deserves patience same as Bernardo,Sane,Sterling all got at the start of their City careers.
He's also being asked to play a completely different role than he's used to playing, it'll come in time

Certainly would have.

But skiing a fucking penalty is so fucking annoying.

That’s the most annoying thing. I can excuse wide, or post, but to Sky it
If you notice he didn’t look up before he blasted it, if he had, he’d have seen Allison dive right early; then he could have rolled it in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.