Liverpool (A) Post Match Thread

giphy.gif
Mane

Played like a Champions Lg winning team today apart from the final 3rd.

If we had been our usual selves around the box we would have won by 3 or 4.

Proper tactical & individual defending, at last.

Just going through the thread and was going to make this point if no one else had.

Whilst it's gutting that we missed the chance to win it at the end, I found it so encouraging that we played the way we did.

We showed we can shut down a game completely. If we get to the later end of the CL and play like that away from home, we can beat anyone.

Agree with most of your post , but Fernandinho was immense today and Souness confirmed by naming him his man of the match , and Souness knows a good midfield player , so dont write Dinho off yet and we will retain the title with Dinho in the team , absolutely no doubt about it.
I would trust Souness to spot a good, hard fought, midfield performance over any Bluemoon poster.......except me, obviously.

Credit to pep . Fantastic game management even though would’ve liked to see sane start but what a great defensive side of this team . Dino , walker , stones and Laporte.

Spot on. Felt really good about the way Pep set us up for this. Klopp doesn't have the same tactical imagination.

Liverpool for all the hype are unconvincing. More worried about Chelsea. Glad we've played Arsenal away. Two new good managers in the Prem. Bring it on

Good to see we have learned to adapt our game management, we did well against their initial whirlwind start, grew into the match. We gave away some really easy possession by sloppy passing. We moved the ball well in areas, nice to see Merlin ghosting around the pitch and he made their life a misery.
Enough has been said bout Mahrez, he knows he fucked up massively, he needs to get his game in order as he’s too predictable on the ball.
Sane was a real pest as soon as he came on. A point away at Klanfield with a clean sheet is not to be sniffed at.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.