Liverpool (A) Post Match Thread

initial reaction was a feeling of relief. Klopp has them playing as a team, they retain possession well and have patience. Stones and Laporte were put to the test, on the deck and in the air, and passed with flying colours.
Totally different to what normally they face against teams that rely on counter-attacks, but coped with a much-hyped attack comfortably enough. Bodes well for europe, imo. Bernado looking the bargain of the century, so versatile and athletic, Kun ran his socks off, his namesake dragged the dippers defence out of position despite being heavily marked, and chased and harried like a much younger man. "Neutrals" (rags and chavs mainly) have been active on social media with "zzzz" and the like, boring, dull etc. Well fukem, to me it was a battle between two teams determined not to concede, in a tactical and absorbing game. I have seen matches featuring 4 and 5 goals that offered a lot less in footballing terms.
Post-christmas league table will show which squads have the stamina to challenge the champs ......

Our sloppy passing is the biggest concern after that. Very shoddy.
Then you have Pep getting Mahrez to take the penalty. What does that say about Pep (Marhez has missed 5 of his last 8 pans)? And what does it say about Pep's opinion on Jesus and how will that affect both players? Mahrez was beginning to get there - so that will put him back weeks. As to Jesus goodness only knows.

I'm not having it for one second Pep told Mahrez to take that. "In front of the media I will protect you to the death, but here I'll tell you the truth". He was absolutely livid, he even did that same smile from his "happy new year" interview, where he shows his top teeth, albeit a lot quicker (I'm pretty good at reading body language). Make no doubt, he is f**king fuming and Mahrez is going to know about it.

Our sloppy passing is the biggest concern after that. Very shoddy.
Then you have Pep getting Mahrez to take the penalty. What does that say about Pep (Marhez has missed 5 of his last 8 pans)? And what does it say about Pep's opinion on Jesus and how will that affect both players? Mahrez was beginning to get there - so that will put him back weeks. As to Jesus goodness only knows.
Thought I was negative.

You could see Pep consoling Jesus on the pitch at the end, so I reckon he played no part in the decision!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.