Liverpool (A) Post Match Thread

1 win in 5 for the Benny hill brigade now. Any team that goes in nil nil at half time have got a chance against them. They put all their eggs into the score in first 30 min basket. When that fails they haven't got any answers.

Ederson - nothing to say much, but he would be totally confident to play his own game next time we meet them, if he ever lacked confidence.
Walker - taking more attacking responsibility now, no silly passes from him yesterday.
Stones - stayed strong throughout, mentally and physically.
Laporte - Equally good, that's our defense sorted for years one would expect.
Mendy - showed that he can play LB, not just LWB that too against bestest fwds in universe. Our best option at LB.
Fernandinho- Love him. Mane will be still seeing stars. His replacement is gonna be able to be physical when needed. My motm.
Bernardo - ready for elevation to first choice. Ability and fight in abundance. Will be praised by city fans, unlikely to be noticed by others.
Silva - Sounds blasphemous, he is not up to his best. Something is missing, don't know what.
Sterling - quite game by his standards this season.
Mahrez - oh the penalty !! But otherwise created more than Kun and Sterling.
Sergio - quite, like Sterling.
Gesus - lively, should try those runs more often. Deserved a penalty for the slap from Lovren.
Sane - not enough time, still won the fourth deserved penalty.

You could see from the expression on Mahrez face he was very uncomfortable with taking the penalty. Jesus was all lined up ready to take it and as he is a better finisher than Mahrez should have taken it. My second choice would have been Sane followed by the two Silva’s. Mahrez still lacks the confidence and that miss will not have helped matters. Pep was wrong to put the pressure on him and should have only intervened if he was arguing with Jesus as to who was to take it. Plus it really pissed off Jesus who has been very patient playing second fiddle so we are left with two upset players.Bad man management on this occasion and we ended up paying for it.

I'm delighted with the performance and result. Anfield is a ground where we have a wretched record and we've gone there from the off and dominated proceedings.

We completely nullified the famous Anfield crowd, We nullified the so called best attacking trio in the world, and we've left with a point and a performance that signals our authority and dominance.

We should've scored the penalty, but fair play to Mahrez for having the balls to do it. Jesus' record isn't much better.

We played well in not giving Liverpool any chances. Or hardly any. Unfortunately we hardly created anything ourselves but for having the best chances. The ultimate one the penalty that should’ve been taken by a cool head. Result wise it’s good and the games between the top teams will be close this year.
Stones/Laporte terrific. Not much else to say about the game.

Penalties, in order. Get it sorted, Pep!!!

Sergio
KDB
Silva
Bernardo
Jesus

If none of them are playing, I doubt we would ever get close enough to goal to get a penalty!

It's clearly got to them more than I thought.

My Liverpool mate has texted me early doors to say are we now United in disguise by being petty and singing their Alllez Alllez tune.

When I pointed out it was Napoli's, he said the tune is but lyrics are about Liverpool.

No hint of irony.

Keep it up blues. They have made us their biggest game of the season but are clearly a little precious.

Throwing bottles is okay but singing is a big no no.

I’m getting sick of hearing he should of taken it no he should of big deal he missed the best have missed including Sergio, ffs move on the games finished we won’t be the only team to miss a penalty this season, the lad probably feels as bad as we do it won’t cost us fuck all cos were the best team in the league and will still be lifting the trophy come may

Happy-ish with an away point but mystified at the decision to give Mahrez the penalty. I was calling for a proper left back in the pre-match thread and thought Mendy did the job very well, resisting the urge to be a winger.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.