Liverpool (A) Post Match Thread

I thought Jesus was excellent today when he came on

He was dynamite. Some of his skill was outrageous.

I hate this fucking narrative which is permeating some of supporters.

Jesus presses better than anyone in the team and is a brilliant talent for his age.

He's not getting a run of games that would enable him to build up the type of confidence a regular scorer needs, but he comes back fighting every time.

You only have to watch his goal at Southampton last year to know how great this kid could be.

He's got a great future with us if people reconcile he is not Aguero and is given time and space to mature.

All of the media talk about the atmosphere at Anfield.
Apparently it’s their 12th man & how the kop will suck the ball over the line.
.....well, I could hear a pin drop yesterday as they were well & truly played off the park.

Doesn't look like giving Mahrez the shot was that poor of a call. Also, I believe Pep said Mahrez burries them in training. And yes, I realized I've now switched my position on the topic!
No pressure in training.

Penalties, in order. Get it sorted, Pep!!!

Sergio
KDB
Silva
Bernardo
Jesus

If none of them are playing, I doubt we would ever get close enough to goal to get a penalty!

Sergio never fills me with confidence, either.

Tevez was the same. Great goalscorer but more hope about it.

It's a problem, going forward, maybe - especially if there is a shoot out to come this season.

I would have given it Sane. KDB, all day, otherwise.

Happy-ish with an away point but mystified at the decision to give Mahrez the penalty. I was calling for a proper left back in the pre-match thread and thought Mendy did the job very well, resisting the urge to be a winger.

As the footage showed, their goalkeeper coach called the direction that Mahrez would go high to his right.

If he had hit the target, it might have possibly saved it anyhow, or at least broke his wrist!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.