Liverpool (A) Post Match Thread

I think Peps instructions were more likely to have come when he saw Jesus lining up! He knows he has missed 2/3 so probably didn’t want him to take it. We will never know for sure the nitty gritty.

Has Jesus missed 2/3 penalties for us? Considering who was on the pitch, Jesus should have been the clear choice. Pep has even seen Mahrez miss two out of two penalties he's got against us when playing for Leicester.

I would love to see the defensive solidity we saw yesterday become a recurring plan.

We're never going to be a defensive side, but we weren't yesterday either, we just kept things a bit more simple when playing out - looked to Ederson more- had everyone focus on defending when Liverpool were blitzing us, and then transitioned a bit slower so we didn't get caught out if they won the ball back.

If we're going to win the CL, that performance needs to be the blueprint we start from. Add in KDB, Mahrez getting better, Mendy being match sharp and and we win that 2- or 3-0 and it's a masterclass.

One of key talking points for me was the ability of Mendy to play as an orthodox full back.

Also I thought Laporte and Stones were outstanding. Best games I have seen them have. If we were to draw a Barcelona or PSG in Europe, I would have no fear of going away

Controlled a lot of the game, didn't quite get the 52% possession, felt like more.

LaPorte was fantastic, first half made two perfect tackles in front of us at the away end, salah in his pocket and out muscled !

Id give bernardo the edge for motm, we cant the ball stick to everybody's feet the way it does with him. His reading of the game, his passes, swamped by Liverpool players when he got the ball but came out the other side, even Spanish dave must have applauded him.

Said in the heat of the moment probably, but there's an embarrassing amount of abuse towards Mahrez at the start of this thread.

He didn't deliberately sky the pen.

I think a lot of it was heat of the moment, and at that stage it looked like he had taken the ball off Jesus of his own volition. The fact that it transpires that it was Guardiola's orders puts a different slant on things.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.